Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: glamis

glamis

I want to make a trip out to Glamis, but I live in Delaware. It would be like 3-4 days of driving to get there. Does anyone know of a good way to ship the quads so it wouldn't have to be a 2 week trip. thanks, Kevin.
    toys:
    89 250r, fmf pipe, new stock plastic all around, k&n filter, 39mm keihin carb, ohlin's, etc.
    04 450r, HRC kit, razr's, Dr. D exhaust, tusk nerfs, k&n filter
    08 wr250x, Traded
    02 CBR954RR

Re: glamis

Originally posted by kwatts400
    I want to make a trip out to Glamis, but I live in Delaware. It would be like 3-4 days of driving to get there. Does anyone know of a good way to ship the quads so it wouldn't have to be a 2 week trip. thanks, Kevin.
    Yes, you want to do the same thing I did last year. I shipped my quad out to Arizona last year from NJ. I think it was MORE THAN worth it because the dunes are GREAT and ENDLESS and you see the hottest/fastest quads and rails out there. Ship the quad using Forward Air and get some paddles and a whip and you'll be fine.

I went to Silver Lake a few weeks ago, so I have everything I need. How much did it cost to ship them. We were thinking of getting a u-haul for a few days to get them to the dunes. Thanks again.
    toys:
    89 250r, fmf pipe, new stock plastic all around, k&n filter, 39mm keihin carb, ohlin's, etc.
    08 wr250x, Traded
    02 CBR954RR

$250 to ship my quad, of course you have to crate it! Any more questions, just IM me on AIM... OWn2424...Ill help you out.

Alright, if you shipped with Forward Air...you cannot ship it from Delaware, there are no PORTS in DE. You can either drop it off in Newark, NJ...Philly, PA...GLen Burnie, MD....or Dulles, VA. But, the problem is that you want to ship your quad back home too, so UHUAL would be the best but TIME CONSUMING. $250 is ONE WAY!

holy crap! another person from Delaware!? I just moved from there about a year ago all the way to Santa Maria, Cali. I lived in Dover for 16 years.
    2004 RM125

Glamis is worth it but go in the winter and don't try to pul a summer trip.... I figure 250.00 is worth it since the weight pulling a trailer will end up costing you moer than that plus the time you will lose....
    -----------04 YFZ450-----------

White/Red
    RIS Designs Billet Bumper, Billet Chain Guard.

GYTR Carbon pipe and aluminum headpipe. Open Airbox w/ K&N. Rejet.

Custom seat by XtremeQuadCovers.com

-------------------------------------------

Kasea 90

Yellow, +2 Hetrick A-arms, Chrome Fan Cover, Hetricks Chrome Exhaust.

Coming +2 Swing Arm, Candy Blue Frmae, AC Nerf's, paddles,and more.

You could buy a trailer and tow it for the cost of shipping it. Let us know when you come and we can show you around. Just make it after Oct. Way to hot in summer
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

My friend has a 26 foot enclosed trailer. The problem is that it is about a 55hr drive for us. We were just thinkin that it might be an easier trip to make if we could ship the bikes out there and then fly out, rather than drive. Thanksgiving is a possibility, or maybe Jan. What will the weather be like then?
    toys:
    08 wr250x, Traded
    02 CBR954RR

Originally posted by kwatts400
    My friend has a 26 foot enclosed trailer. The problem is that it is about a 55hr drive for us. We were just thinkin that it might be an easier trip to make if we could ship the bikes out there and then fly out, rather than drive. Thanksgiving is a possibility, or maybe Jan. What will the weather be like then?
    That si the reason I said it will be worth it to ship it. It's way to far of a drive hauling a trailer at 55 mph across the US..... That'd be sick to ship them and than fly out...... Sicc.....
    -----------04 YFZ450-----------

White/Red
    RIS Designs Billet Bumper, Billet Chain Guard.

GYTR Carbon pipe and aluminum headpipe. Open Airbox w/ K&N. Rejet.

Custom seat by XtremeQuadCovers.com

-------------------------------------------

Kasea 90

Yellow, +2 Hetrick A-arms, Chrome Fan Cover, Hetricks Chrome Exhaust.

Coming +2 Swing Arm, Candy Blue Frmae, AC Nerf's, paddles,and more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast