Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steering Stem Idea???

Talking Steering Stem Idea???

Due to constant bending of the stock steering stem on my 400, Im thinkin about cutting the stem off at the top and at the bottom, getting a piece of solid steel and welding the top and bottom back on??? Gonna add about 8 lbs of weight but I figure it'll be tough to bend that solid??? Anyone tried this yet, if so how'd it go??? Someone told me I'd have to get the solid steel to exactly the same size as the stocker....Like within a .001. :devil

You could probably go ahead and do this mod, but do 1 thing first, Start saving your money becuase you are goin to have to buy a new frame when you bend it instead of your stem. Good luck.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Talking

:blah

I HAVE A BETTER IDEA, TAKE YOUR STEERING STEM OFF AND SLIDE A BIGGER PIECE OF PIPE. YOU MAY NEED TO DO SOME WELDING, THEN IT WILL LAST MUCH LONGER. WHEN I DID IT I THINK IT ADDED ABOUT 4 TO 5 POUNDS

I did the same thing you are taik about. But i use
    1.5 tubing from the 1.125 to retube the stem. I also narrow it down to the 1.125 at the bushing. It came out real nice but like someone else said U are going to break your frame. Now my frame is crack. also I think it's too stiff because I have more arm-pump. I'm going to redo my.
    '09 KTM 505sx black

'06 YFZ white
    Herrmann/elka, LSR, ITP, TAG, Hiper, Ac, Blingstar..........
    '04 yfz blue
    ITP, pro-circuit, gibson, gyt-r, LSR, Pro-tapers

2001 400ex #40
    Axis, Lonestar, Herrmann, Gibson, Quadtech, JE, Hotcam, ITP, Ronnies, KandK, Roll design

Ronnie's Mail Order
    www.ronnies.com
    ATV fury3 -FST-..walsh..
    ATV fury2-Sick0 number 40

TOLD YOU SO.......You all should have listened to me.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Jhallet, I'll set up a cot and TV for you in my garage so you can keep an eye on how I work on my quad. I sure as **** dont want to get a "TOLD YA SO"!

In lieu of the legal minimum wage required, would you accept VP race gas in lieu of conventional pay?

FATBOY......You just keep workin on your own, I havent seen all to many mistakes form you yet, and I wouldn't give you a "TOLD YA SO," becuase you would come over and sit on me. Besides your wife would like me to much and want to keep me around longer than you would like to imagine. Oh, and on the minimum wage requirement, I make $50.00/hr, How much do you make?
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Thumbs up STEERING STEM HIJINX

SAVE YOUR MONEY, AND BUY A GOOD AFTERMARKET ONE. IT WILL BE MONEY WELL SPENT. I LENGHTHENED MINE 2" UNTILL MY ROLL DESIGN ONE CAME IN. REMEMBER THIS: MISTAKES COST MONEY.

hey fat boy this is for you..........

hey JhallettEX......50 bucks an hour..... thats it, you probably dont even have a gun with that private investigating job......just a wanna be cop who thinks he is tough.
    nothing

Hey PSYCHOdave, What are ya a 15 year old little boy that just got off your mamma's nipple? Go see your local psychiatrist and get some shock therapy, Send me the bill I will take care of it.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast