Thread: Water in engine oil

Water in engine oil

I accidently got water in my air box on my 400ex. I was wondering if anyone still had trouble finding neutral after they got all the watery oil changed out. How bad will the water damage the clutch if it stays in the motor for a couple days before I get a chance to change it all out? Thanks for any advice
    2001 Yellow 400EX
    Yoshimura Slip-On
    Edelbrock Carb
    Ground Header
    K&N Filter w/outerwear
    Renthal Bars
    Razr's
    Shaved Fenders

did u ride it over those few days that u didnt get to change it?
    for sale
    2002 trx400ex
    white bros pipe(broke)
    zr6 pipe
    powerbomb
    durablue hubs
    rad dual row
    new front and rear tires

honda 87 250x

you shouldn't have to much water in your oil if you got it in your air box, unless you have reall bad rings or valve seals

clean the air filter and let it dry and drain your oil and wash it out with oil too, maybe 2 times or so, then do a normal change
    Scott Landgraf

1989 Honda 250r
    -Mild port-FMF Header Pipe-FMF Silencer-CR250 Head Gasket-Coolhead-Rad Valve-K&N Filter-DuraBlue Axle-Works Shocks-Lonestar Steering Stem-Renthal Bars
    Thank you Wes and Andy

SOLD! Gone but not forgotten.
    2002 300ex (yellow) with
    PRM bottom frame skid plate

My Drifter
    1985 5.0 Mustang GT
    -5-speed

do you run synthetic or regular oil? that may have a difference in what the water did, since the synthetic has an actual layer that bonds to the gears, which would probably help save you from too much wear and tear
    2003 yella 400ex
    Fully built TC 425ex, 11:1 piston, Carillo Rod, C&D racing flex steel gasket, TC Rev box, k&n filter, outerwears, renthal bars, Magura Hydraulic clutch w/ braided line, UM oil tank, no parking brake, tinner air scoops, sparks x-6 pipe, oversized studs, AC pro-peg nerfs,
    fcr 39mm carb, Duncan Racing Graphics Kit, razr's on all 4
    Elka triple ssd fronts and dual ssd rears, burgard bearing carrier, and a little oil temp gauge. Chrome Burgard a-arms, Red-vein PC job done by Pappy (you the man), PRM Underbody skidplate
    Thanks C&D Racing...my home away from home

BRING IT

good job dumass. real nice way to f the quad up.

ive got a little water in my airbox the motor has never died but was cuttign out, i had no water in my oil however.

If i where you i would change the oil run it an hour or so and change all the oil again, if you let it even sit in there i can f it up.
    ~ MHSC ~ Martin B.#713

~Thanks to all the 06 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, GT Thunder, IMS Products, Nacs Racing, JH Racing, Hiper Wheels

~Thanks to all the 05 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, Denton Racing, Nacs Racing, IMS Products

08 HD Sportster
    O4 450R
    00 Silvarado 1500 Z71
    RIP Colton Jenkins 1988-2005

Originally posted by HondaEXtreme01
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Originally posted by HondaEXtreme01
    Was their any point to your post, or are you just whoring this thread up?

If you ride trails, etc... eventually you are going to end up getting some water in your airbox. . I've known of people that landed their cr250's in a canal, and rolled it out of their and started it right up and it was fine. If you let it run under water for any period of time, that will do some damage, but come on its not he is stupid for doing this, just a simple mistake.