Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cr 80

cr 80

ive been thinkin about buyin a cr 80 for a few reasons.the trails i ride are getting pretty tight, i want something pretty quik, id like to try somethign new, and i can use the money i didnt spend on a the 80 that i got from selling my 300 towards the new honda and maybe can buy one later on down the road.im only 13 and about 110 pounds so i think the size should be ok and ive heard those 80s are pretty fast too.i know i can get a nice used one for under 2000 so ill have some extra money.do you guys recomend a cr80 and how did you or do you like them.any info is great,thanks alot

if all you ride is tight trails get a crf 150 youll have alot more fun

deffinatley go to a bike shop and throw a leg over a few models and see if they will let ya ride them. at your age your growing pretty fast so you may want a bigger 4 stoke that should last ya a bit longer.

but yes...the cr80 is a killer bike and is extremely fast for its size.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

yeah their cool bikes...but like pappy said u might grow out of it...have ur dad take u to the bike shop and ride a bunch of bikes then decide

Thumbs up

Sounds like a good plan
    1987 Honda 250x-- few mods
    1998 Chevy Blazer 2door 4x4

Friends don't let Friends ride Yamahas!!!

Thumbs down

Just make sure u won't grow out of it too soon , do u think u'd like a 2 stroke?? theirs somethin else to consider, definitely ride a bunch
    1987 Honda 250x-- few mods
    1998 Chevy Blazer 2door 4x4

Friends don't let Friends ride Yamahas!!!

i agree with freeride

my husband has the crf230 and it's a great bike, but he's almost 200 lbs. i'd go for the 150.
    '04 Z400
    XR70/CRF50 Conversion
    '06 YZ450 - Husband's Bike
    '04 CRF50F - Husband's Pitbike

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    from experience i had a 1996 cr80...

DO NOT BUY ONE FOR TRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are all top end bikes... they have no powervalve so u have to stay on the gas 24-7... if u aren't on the bikes riding them hard 24-7 they carbon up and don't run right and bog out... u have to be able to ride them hard all the time!!!!!! i had so much trouble riding my bike on trails behind my house... i'd constantly have to hold in the clutch and hold it wide open to clean it out or find a field to open her up in... it was a pain to ride trials with it...

if u wanna ride trails get a crf or ttr... if u wanna go fast on a mx track get a cr or mx type bike...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

ny300exrider I'm about the same size as you and I'm too big for a CR80. I'm not saying that you should go uot and buy a bike that is to big but a way that you can tell if it fits you is you sit on the bike and if you can just tuch your tipppy toes then you will grow into it and befor you buy test every thing out like cr80 cr125
    crf150 xr200. and what ever you get a good deal on.

<><Got Jesus?><>

'99 400EX with K&N and
    razrs custom
    skids renthal bars

Real Engines have Valves.

GOOD Roads Bring BAD People.
    BAD Roads Bring GOOD People.

i would go with a nice used kx or rm 80-85 or even a 100. i have an 02 and love it its pretty much all bottom so its perfect for tight trails and is alot more mx track worthy than a crf150 if you like to hit those every once in a while. also if you do get a cr80 make sure to get the expert model as it sits a lil higher and would prob last a lil longer for you as far as growin out of. my buddy on a cr125 2002 model is always clutching and trying to stay on the pipe in the woods and its pretty dificult in the tight stuff but my bike you just point it maybe slip the clutch a lil and go. and most dealerships wont let you test ride stuff if your not16. i couldnt test my bike when it was new.
    Cody
    2004 Yamaha YZ250F

2001- Yamaha YZ250F-SOLD
    1999 Honda 416ex-SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast