Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jack Frost Racing Action, Borich,Smiley,Krachun,etc..

Hey,

In my opinion, Bill Ballance still has alot more seasons left on the podium as well as Borich & Smiley. Billy has the confidence that he KNOWS he can win (as well as Borich & Smiley)... but that is hard to come by. It's alot easier to go out there & race when you have that kind of confidence. I don't think we'll be seeing Billy slow down any time soon... the competition will keep getting stiffer though as some racers will get up to his speed & challenge him for the title as Chris & Smiley both do every race.

As far as Hawk, he probably would have kept on winning titles in the ATV series, but he chose (as well as a little push from Yamaha who put him on salary) to give up the ATV racing & do strictly bikes & has never looked back. When Hawk quit is when we really began to see Billy shine.

Trish
    used to be kinda fast.

Originally posted by ex kid
    i kinda see it this way. as a racer you will reach a peak in your racing carrer. to some guys like barry hawk this was 8 gncc titles, for other guys it will be a three race win streak. so what im sayin is bill ballence is at the peak of his carrer and will proably wont be a big of a threat to the podium in the next year or two. chris on the other hand is a fresh racer who has alot to learn compared to someone like bill balence who has been riding the pro/a classes for years. and santo derisi was mentioed, maybe now is the peak of his racing carrer. im not trying to take anything away from bill ballence or santo or chirs. i give thoose guys all the credit in the world for making it so far and being so fast. im just trying to explain how i see it.
    WOW, forget the milk, Got spell checker?

Originally posted by popo
    WOW, forget the milk, Got spell checker?
    ahhh c'mon we see a lot worse than that kid.

ballance has alot of life left he be 27. You take look at Rodney Smith he be 37-38 he still winnen. The key be practicen and bike prep along with desire. Yo half to push push yourself beyond your limits to test the water. when you be gettin paid to do it ya tend to be faster

Joedirt, I must say i disagree with your theory of being faster because your getting paid for it. My prime example is motocross/supercross. Most of the young guns who are being paid tend to slow down. Not because they are slow, usually they get picked up because they are fast, but rather that they have already been paid! Once they recieve their contract and money their desire isn't quite what it used to be. Most of the desire to get to that point is gone because they accomplished what they set out to do...get a factory ride. I am not saying this is the case for all, but I see it a lot. A true hearted racer will be fast whether he/she is gatting paid or not. That is why I feel that we (atv riders) are very under appreciated. We got out there and race in a sport where there is little or no support. We go out there and race because we have heart and not to mention a fun time with our friends.

Racing is there job. When you look at mini racers the fast ones do you think they pay for those bike or there clothes or anything no they are sponsored them. When people reach a certain level to where they can get paid to race they are fast. When that is your job and that is all you have to think about you will get faster. So for you thinking that racers get slower when they do it for a living that is silly don't be silly, jackasses get slower!!

last i heard ballance was still pulling tits fulltime on the family farm
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Most of the young guns who are being paid tend to slow down. Not because they are slow, usually they get picked up because they are fast, but rather that they have already been paid! Once they recieve their contract and money their desire isn't quite what it used to be. Most of the desire to get to that point is gone because they accomplished what they set out to do...get a factory ride.
    When you look at some of the names in motocross today, I just don't believe that they are riding as hard as they were when they were privateers and trying to be noticed. Some of the younger factory riders see that they have already been paid. So why push as hard?

I am not saying this is the case for all, but I see it a lot.
    As I said, Not all riders do this. Case in point is Barry Hawk and Doug Henry. Barry was winning championships without being paid for it. Now that yammi sined him up for a contract, he never gave up. Now he is on his way to win a championship again. Doug Henry never let up either. After a broken back, then two broken wrists he came back to win the 250 outdoor championship. Barry and Doug never got fast becasue they got paid, they were fast to begin with. Ballance, Smiley, and Duvall all have full time jobs and do not get paid to be as fast as they are. My main point I am trying to make is that some of the young riders get blinded by factory contracts and money then loose sight of their own desire that got them there to start with.

Ballance might have a job and that is racing. he probably works on the farm to help out but he does his fair share of practicing. Yokley and him are sponsored by parts unlimited. they pay them did you ever here william spending a month or two in florida during the winter. I have a full time job and i'll be dammed if I can take off a month and go down florida and practice

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345