Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kc300ex - Circle Racing

Kc300ex - Circle Racing

Hi-

I'd like to check out the circle races you were talkin' about. I tried looking on the web and I couldn't find anything. Could you tell me how to get there from I-84 Newburgh? What times are the races? Thanx for any help!

-Rossano
    '99 400ex

ok, Ill try to help you, but considering I dont even drive yet, this could be hard
    Im not sure if you have to get onto rt. 17 to get there, i think you mite, I know you can either get off exit 122, or 120
    Its at the Orange County Fair grounds, where they have the big fair every year, and the demolition Derby and stuff, the Orange county Speedway is right there too, anything ring a bell?
    Exit 120 is where the mall is? galleria at Chrystal run, same exit different direction
    Try going to mapquest.com or something and looking for Orange County Fair grounds, that might help

In any case, the race is tomorow, Saturday, you have to be there to register between 2 and 4, its 10 bucks to get into the place, and 35 to race, 45 altogether. All you do is go there, buy your bracelet, go to the back of the building, register to race, then bring your quad around back and find a place in the Pit, practice starts at 4 the race starts between 6-6:30, theres a few different classes, Quadpro, wich is the Pro class, i imagine you dont want that, Quadam-wich is quad amature, and then theres a Begginer class-Ill prolly be in the begginer class since I have no flat track mods whatsoever, There will also be like 20 other classes on the sheet, those are all dirtbike classes, dont get confused when it says "400EX" cuz they really mean 400 expert for the bikes, Ill go try to find real directions for you
    kc

http://flag2flag.com/ocfs/

Thats the best I could do, I really hope that helps you, its a link to the speedways page, its right next door, there is a page to give you directions on there

Look for me if you go, #55, 15 year old punk on a 300EX
    Last edited by kc 300EX; 01-18-2002 at 03:22 PM.
    kc

thanks

hope to make it there

thanx and good luck this weekend

-rossano
    '99 400ex

good stuff

well, i braved the snowstorm and made it to the races. it was pretty cool. i'm trying to get all the boys involved.

do we need
    a)nerf bars?
    b)kill switch bracelets?
    '99 400ex

Nerf Bars and tether kill switches are NOT required, a Kill switch would be a good idea, but no you dont need one to race.

The only requirements are really number plates, one on the back, one on the right side atleast, just so the judges can see. Anything works for a number plate, mine were cardboard, duct tape and magic marker.

You also need a soda can or a bottle to catch the gas from your over flow, simple, just take the hoses from your carb, put them into a can, and tape it to your frame somewhere

Good luck
    kc

Talking sounds good

thanks for all the info

now it's time to round up the posse for some action

-rossano
    '99 400ex

Hope to see you there
    kc

I just wanted to let yous know that the last race is this weekend, February 2nd, same place, few time changes, let me know if anyones interested
    kc

KC, I may be interested, I think I need to vent some frustration on the track You know my quad, it probably would suck for that racing but I may do it anyway.. what are the time changes for this weekend, do you think I'd be better off borrowing my friends 400ex's stock tires/rims instead of my all traks? I have a set of work kenda dirt dogs which I think would be best, but I don't have a set of rims for them.
    Mike L.
    http://www.turbocarz.com/offroad
    '92 TRX250X / '85 KX125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast