Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: whats the loudest pipe made for 400ex

but the best part is they sound SWEET!
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

and yeah the cobra is a loud pipe...

it may be a cofee can but it is loud.....
    ...guy i ride with has the cobra on his 400ex...i don't know why he got it.he was ganna get a white bro...but went to the shop and asked the guy at the counter what to get..(..and going aginst me..."like im an expert"..)the guy told him " well i got this cobra here blah blah"....guy wanted to make a sale pretty much..talked him into it and he got it...i though my d.g. was loud...hey wait .....i got a cobra on my bigbear.................cobra is the "sklf"......haha..
    ..but it is loud i don't know what kinda increase it gives and i will add it "i play with a band" and i'd rather have his exhaust on the bongos' than any drummer....it keeps perfect time and sounds just like a nice set of bongos' when it idles....nuff said.....hey you want loud...chop it off at the head.......
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

Why would someone get a 440 big bore kit installed before getting a pipe??? Isnt a new pipe like the first mod we all did to our 400??? And if you did get your 440 kit, did you do anything else like porting, polishing, heavier valve spings, clutch, cam, rev kit, so on and so on...... Im not flaming..... Just wondering why one would spend atleast $1400(if it was done correctly) for a first mod...... A new head pipe and can is only around $600..... In my experiance a 440 kit does not do much without all the other mods that need to be done to make it "work right"........
    Red 400ex.... mods include 440bbk....... fmf megamaxII headpipe and silencer.... K&N power kit and air filter.... Shaved front racing plastics.... Shock covers.... Nerf bars....and full skids....
    New Ohlins shocks all the way around.... YEAH BABY!!!!!!

The TC Racing is very loud. I love it.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Originally posted by DiceMan400
    Why would someone get a 440 big bore kit installed before getting a pipe??? Isnt a new pipe like the first mod we all did to our 400??? And if you did get your 440 kit, did you do anything else like porting, polishing, heavier valve spings, clutch, cam, rev kit, so on and so on...... Im not flaming..... Just wondering why one would spend atleast $1400(if it was done correctly) for a first mod...... A new head pipe and can is only around $600..... In my experiance a 440 kit does not do much without all the other mods that need to be done to make it "work right"........

Nope, if you were to ask an engine builder...they usually laugh at the people that think a pipe makes 5+ hp. You can do a 440 kit and still have incredible results. Sure the pipe helps move your power around and you might get a 1 hp or so increase, but it does NOT make or break your 440 kit.

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

I uderstand that a new pipe will not give you a ton of horse..... I am just saying that just a 440 kit without porting, polishing, new cam, clutch basket, heavier valve spings, higher rev kit, and at the least rejetting, The bike will not run as well as most people think...... People that just get a 440 kit and nothing else think they are going to eat up Banshees when in reality it is just alittle faster than the stock 400...... I know this from experiance because I put a 440 kit without all the other stuff...... Once I put all the other mods in it woke the bike up big time...... I did not know that I needed the other mods at fist and it would have been much cheaper if I had it done in one shot..... Like I said Im not flamming...... I just think this info is good and will be helpful to someone wanting to get a kit installed....... Kinda give them a heads up to what they are in for.......
    Gregg
    Red 400ex.... mods include 440bbk....... fmf megamaxII headpipe and silencer.... K&N power kit and air filter.... Shaved front racing plastics.... Shock covers.... Nerf bars....and full skids....
    New Ohlins shocks all the way around.... YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Angry GET RID OF THE IDEA OF LOUD PIPES...

This is the exact problem with ATV-Snowmobile people. LOUD pipes hurt our sport. Exhaust systems don't have to be loud to make power. ATV's have TWO MAJOR PROBLEMS. One is noise and the second is dust. Without either of these things you could hold races at your house. People are constantly looking for reasons to take away riding and racing areas and people who run with loud pipes are only helping their cause.

PLEASE rethink your idea of getting a so-called loud pipe.

TO: The Admistrators of this site----Spend your time promoting smart ATV riding and racing--noise never won a race.......

If you race a quad---think about what that 1/4 HP means--nothing unless you race TT.

If everyones bikes were quiet we could rid ourselves of the publics biggest complaint of ATVs---Also everyone would suffer the same loss of HP.

Smile

in dirt wheels and atv sport mags they said ct pipe is the loudest pipe for a 400ex

I agree with where MJNOVA is coming from, and I can't say that he's necessarily wrong, but I don't think it's the mods job to censor the subjects discussed on here. Instead, I think the rest of us can contribute some common sense when we throw our .02 in.

That's what I thought happened to the thread about running from the cops. There were a few that started out saying how cool it was but there were a lot more that jumped in with how stupid it was.

PS. No 4punks, I'm not targetting you. :blah

Two guys I ride with have TC's on 400s and they're loud, but the most obnoxious pipe I've ever ridden with was a 300ex with a RCM with no packing. It was the loudest quad at almost every race he went to.
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

The United States of America. We build better bombs. (Free delivery available upon request)

Another thing I don't think people realize is these loud pipes that are being listed as loud are recommended by the manufacturer as closed course racing pipes only.. I could have easily got any pipe on the market but noise was an issue for me and for the people I ride around,,so I went with a less obnoxious pipe.

My input is a loud pipes belong on MX tracks and that's it and yes a loud pipe doesn't always mean more power.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast