Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying Mop n glo

Question Applying Mop n glo

Went out and got some Mop n glo today and put it on with a rag.
    Half of it came out really good and the other half just ok. What do you guys use to apply it?
    01 400EX Razrs / E-Series / K&N Filter

I used a little kitchen sponge. The key is alot of light coats or you'll get streaks.
    '86 ESR 310pv
    '87 ESR 310pv
    '86 269r

i just soak a damp rag with it until the stuff is dripping off and wipe the quad down.it shines better than new with no streaks.you must use it above a certain temp or it will not work as well.it is pretty cold in pittsburgh right now so unless you applied it in a heated garage,that is probably why it didn't turn out as good as it should.

I can tell you this:

1. "FUTURE" works much better than Mop-N-GLO.
    2. You have to wash the bike really well the first time you aply it.
    3. An old sock works best to apply.
    4. Put light coats on it.
    5. Apply 4 coats the first time.
    6. Wait 8 hours in between coat application.

After that you should only have to put 1-2 coats on it every other time you wash it. The coats apply much faster after the first time.

I tried the mopnglo trick b/c everyone on here said it works, well for me it worked OK it made everything really sticky. (yes I had the blue bottle) Heres is what I use that to me IMO is 5x better is STP sun of a gun, get the spray bottle and there are 2 ways to apply, but here is what I recommend, For normal use spray on and use a rag to wipe off and clean takes dirt and dust away and makes mud come off easier, plus makes it just look clean kinda gives it a shine not very glossy and dust doesnt stick to it. Or number 2 is if you are going to sell your quad or take pics of it or just show it off spray on lightly all over some may pool up and run off just wipe up excess, let it sit, walk away and come back in an hour and your plastic looks better than new, gives it a deep "wet" look makes everything shine and hides scratches. JMO this what works for me.

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

Originally posted by JabberJaw
    I can tell you this:

1. "FUTURE" works much better than Mop-N-GLO.
    2. You have to wash the bike really well the first time you aply it.
    3. An old sock works best to apply.
    4. Put light coats on it.
    5. Apply 4 coats the first time.
    6. Wait 8 hours in between coat application.

After that you should only have to put 1-2 coats on it every other time you wash it. The coats apply much faster after the first time.
    i'm not calling you a liar jabber but when i slop on 1 coat of mop n glow, in the matter of a minute my quad shines like you wouldn't believe.no light coats,no applying 4 coats,and no waiting 8 hours between applications(WHAT?) my quad will be getting dirty in about that time after cleaning it up .that seems a little too extreme to go through the extra work for the little difference(if any)that you will notice.it might be equal but i can't imagine anything that would make it shine better than mop n glow.

i just.....

....pull the top open turn the bottle up side down and let it run out onto the plastic.....then whipe it off and get it dry...good as new.....
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

I tried the mopnglo trick b/c everyone on here said it works, well for me it worked OK it made everything really sticky. (yes I had the blue bottle)

What is the difference betweem the bottle colors. I tryed Mop & Glow and it did nothing. maybe I used the wrong bottle.

If I want it to shine, I use Armorall. But don't put it on the seat, you'll slide all over.
    2001 250EX
    1998 300EX

Originally posted by crday98
    i'm not calling you a liar jabber but when i slop on 1 coat of mop n glow, in the matter of a minute my quad shines like you wouldn't believe.no light coats,no applying 4 coats,and no waiting 8 hours between applications(WHAT?) my quad will be getting dirty in about that time after cleaning it up .that seems a little too extreme to go through the extra work for the little difference(if any)that you will notice.it might be equal but i can't imagine anything that would make it shine better than mop n glow.
    We used both brands, Mop-N-Glo on one bike, Future on the other. So if you have not used Future, and taken the time to allow the coats to dry..... at least I know what you are missing!

I have not had to put any on my bike for that last 5 times out riding, and it is still shiney as H.E. Double toothpick! You can ask a few of the guys on here, I ride in some nasty stuff! I chose the Future because it stays on after the first few coats have hardened, allowing me, after that, to just touch up any new scuffs, in less than 5 minutes...

I don't care which one you use, I don't sell either :-)

P.S. It's ok if you call me a liar, everyone knows my "johnson" is not really a foot long! I'd have to break it in half!

H-E double toothpick!? lol don't you mean double hockey sticks?

geez i aughta kick your A- double crooked letter
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast