Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke

The last time I rebuilt my R I was eating dinner, I walked into the garage and decided to loosen the head bolts between bites. One thing led to another and 7 minutes later I had the piston in my hand.

When I rebuilt my wife's atc 125m, I basically had to take a day off from work.

Originally posted by 300exlunatic
    if thats true then my 300ex wouldnt beat a blaster but iv smoked evry blaster i have raced

1 Reason why you one.......10% machine, 90% rider. You were probably a better rider than he was...........So don't talk $hit about BLasters, there good machines.
    1995 Blaster......Soon to Come CR250

Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
    I dont see any real advantages of a 4 stroke ...
    as a matter fact ...more moving parts means more costly rebuilds ...but its definitely up to each rider ..to decide

There are definitely advantages to a 4 stroke. With more low-end torque, you don't have to feather the clutch out of the corners. They are definitely more reliable and don't require quite as much maintenance. You can argue emmissions and environmental factors. Along those lines, let's face it, the two-stroke is disappearing. The future of sport ATV's is most assuredly 4-stroke.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Originally posted by wilkin250r
    There are definitely advantages to a 4 stroke. With more low-end torque, you don't have to feather the clutch out of the corners. They are definitely more reliable and don't require quite as much maintenance. You can argue emmissions and environmental factors. Along those lines, let's face it, the two-stroke is disappearing. The future of sport ATV's is most assuredly 4-stroke.
    ...yeah yeah ...I was thinking of the EPA BS also ...but my 2STROKE aint going no where ...except maybe to a bigger trailer

my 300 is a way better bike than a blaster more bottom and top end and better hadling plus its a HONDA
    300ex
    t-4 exhaust
    k&N and pre filter
    dyno jet kit
    holeshots
    dg alloy series grab bar
    ngk plug

my 300 is a way better bike than a blaster more bottom and top end and better hadling plus its a HONDA
    300ex
    t-4 exhaust
    k&N and pre filter
    dyno jet kit
    holeshots
    dg alloy series grab bar
    ngk plug

Originally posted by 300exlunatic
    sorry to break it to u, but u can do all the work in the world to your 300 and it would never touch a slightly modded blaster. im all about honda too, but my buddy has alot of work done to his blaster and no 300ex would ever touch it

what mods does your buddys blaster have i bet anything that if i get a 330 kit itl be in the dust if not already
    300ex
    t-4 exhaust
    k&N and pre filter
    dyno jet kit
    holeshots
    dg alloy series grab bar
    ngk plug

people use the whole rebuild costing money way too much. in all honesty, i replace a piston probably every 6-7 months, riding it HARD every time, but i ride every weekend if not then at least every other.. for several long hours at a time..

The pistons honestly arent that much, i believe the cost for wiseco is like 99 for the kit, some places 75...

spending 100 bucks every like 6 months is almost inconsequential..you could save up a dollar a day maybe, and probably afford it without even trying..

have fun spending tons of cash when the 4 stroke top ends go out..

two strokes are the best for power, the 250R will out handle ANYTHING... you can set them up for mad top end or very strong low end.. if you like the feeling of just hitting the gas.. and kinda cruising evenly up to speed. stick with your 4 strokes. If you like to actualy feel that you are picking up mad speed and have that feeling never end.. be smart and get a 2 stroke.

Riding in the dunes you can experience the power alot easier.. go to Any hill almost.. park with your tires ON the hill and take off after popping the clutch and shifting to third.. all of this is easy to do on a two stroke.. when i do it, raptors will try and line up right next to me.. and guess what?? they DONT have the power to make it!! they almost always end up turning down halfway up the hill or getting stuck..

Tomorrow and saturday i wil see how well this new yamaha can start up the hills from a dead stop at the bottom.. i think he MIGHT be able to do it..
    Last edited by 310Rduner; 07-17-2003 at 04:54 PM.

if you want to get stuck in the mud go with 2stroke ifyou want real low end go 4 stroke
    300ex
    t-4 exhaust
    k&N and pre filter
    dyno jet kit
    holeshots
    dg alloy series grab bar
    ngk plug

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast