Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke

iv raced a blaster with pipes filter reeds all that and i smoked stock a blaster will never make my 300 look bad
    300ex
    t-4 exhaust
    k&N and pre filter
    dyno jet kit
    holeshots
    dg alloy series grab bar
    ngk plug

Originally posted by NTPracing22
    when they run is correct. but also consider that your on a 17-13 year old bike
    Ya but 90% of it is within anew old. A two-stroke and a four-stroke are 2 COMPLETEY differnt machines! If you have a 4 and 2 stroke of the same amount of cc's the 2 stroke will always win, that is if its running right.
    Race- Yamaha
    '06 klx110

HiPer
    Powermadd
    Alba
    Lonestar
    Houser
    Dave's Extreme Motorsports
    Upp Racing
    Black Pearl Seal Coating

We will always miss, but never forget Kelly "Steelrod" Chang... R.I.P man...

as much as i love 4strokes, i'll always be a 2stroke guy. the snap you get when you hit the throttle is great. and now with my powervalve, it pulls bottom end like a 4stroke (for the most part).
    I didn't fail, I found another front end that doesn't work

A CR250 and CRF450 make almost exact hp numbers. I think they are within 2-3 of eachother in the 46hp range. The cc factor with a 4 stroke taking twice as much cc's as a 2 stroke stands pretty firm in that comparision.. It is only a 50cc difference from a 450 to a 500 so, the simple mathmatical equation stands pretty firm. Also the cr/crf comparison is much better because both bikes come from the factory modding very similar for racing applications. Not like a blaster....
    And Then There Was EX

District 22 #84
    Sponsors: East Coast Powder Works

2000 Full Race 416ex: SOLD!

2002 Arenacross CR125- the new baby!

i still think four stroke are better not that i care to much but they dont really pollute as much nad sound better
    300ex
    t-4 exhaust
    k&N and pre filter
    dyno jet kit
    holeshots
    dg alloy series grab bar
    ngk plug

Correct me if I'm wrong but the CRF requires quite a bit of maintenance and frequent rebuilds to maintain that kind of power.

If that is the case, I would much rather tear down a 2 stroke than have to rebuild a 4 stroke topend.

You guys all made some very good points, and basically took the words right out of my mouth. I will add that I love 2 strokes for the power. There is so much more bang for the buck existing in a 2 stroke than in a 4 stroke. The only thing that keeps me from owning one in a quad is the reliability factor. I have much better things to do than spend time and money on rebuilds, so I just put the extra dough into my 4 stroke to make it perform, and can just ride it without worrying about when it is going to need a rebuild.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

I dont see any real advantages of a 4 stroke ...
    as a matter fact ...more moving parts means more costly rebuilds ...but its definitely up to each rider ..to decide

Trust me, rebuilding a 4-stroke isnt very fun, it cost BIG money, especially when you decide to make it MX ready. 250r is like half the price, because it has half the parts. Thats why I am prolly gunna be selling the ol'400 and getting an R.
    If you dont ride an R, Why Bother Riding at All?

SS265R
    LRD LSR JB ELKA X-FACTOR TAG RAD SUNSTAR FIBE

I want to give a BIG thank you to Quadpro for all their help in helping me get my R rolling

1988 Toyota 4Runner, 5spd w/ 33x12.5's
    1989 Chevy s10 w/ v8 Conversion, slammed and all the goodies.

yupper ..& rebuilding 2 strokes can be alot of fun ...especially the results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast