Thread: PA Racing?

Talking PA Racing?

I have a 400EX and am thinking about starting to race it. I drag race with it already. Is there any good tracks in PA were a begginer could go to start out racing? Marineville isn't that far from me but is that a good place for someone to start out at? Also would it hurt to run a pretty much stock 400EX with some motor work? Thanks for any info.
    2000 400EX
    WB cam and rev box, JE 11:1 piston, Yoshi slip on, AC racing bumper, shockwears, Renthal bars, NAC block off plate, Moose perch, Barnett clutch. PRM swingarm skid plate, more to come

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    that track ur are talkin about is fox race way one of the members here hetricks330s uncle owns the track... i am gonna race district 5 this year with some motor mods and a stock frame parts.... here are the tracks that are in district 5 that are close to u

1. pleasure valley in armagh (cernics suzuki hondas track)
    2. steel city in delmont pa (davey combs race track also mike jones)
    3. challenger its out side of indiana pa
    4. field of dreams race way its in boswell pa (brad berkys track)
    5. mt morris its in mt morris pa national track
    6. brownsville raceway its in brownsville pa

i think thats all... some of the towns may not be spelled right i don't have map here to look up the names... they all run the district 5 summer series and are ama sanctioned places... the best track of them all is steel city by far but thats bc its a national pro motocross track... mayb we can meet up at the races... heres a few pics of the tracks the top 2 is field of dreams and the bottom one is steel city...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

there is also Switchback Raceway up here in Butler. The have a small/tight MX track and a harescramble track that I run. Alot of the local beginners race here.

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Rolling thunder is a pretty decent track....very tyiring on your body though

www.rollingthunderraceway.com it is also distric 5.... hope to see you around...toby
    06 YFZ 450..all white... LRD pipe, jet kit, lid removed, cam mod

LT JB front end and Ohlins shocks coming before june.

Originally posted by VWVR6
    there is also Switchback Raceway up here in Butler. The have a small/tight MX track and a harescramble track that I run. Alot of the local beginners race here.

Eric
    Ive been there once to see a race once but it was like an 1 hour and 1/2 drive so i never went back

here one of the pics i took
    Attached Images Attached Images

i never heard of either of those tracks... are they ama and are they in the summer and state champion ship series...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

what about the westmoreland fairgrounds by greensburg? i'm thinking about racing this year to and i think i'm going to check that place out.

i forgot about that one to they have night races there i use to love racing at 10 at night that was great... i will def race there again...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!