Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JETTING PROBLEMS?

you might try this also.pull the vent hose that goes over the carb and into the heat shield start the motor let idle and stick a finger over the end.if you feel a vaccum you have a problem.don't know the fix just yet but i have the same problem,this suction is probably going straight into the motor causing a lean condition.i think every one should check this but its just my opinion.......any ideas of what is causing this would be greatly appreciated....
    Paps

Get rid of the AV-Gas. It will give false plug readings. Av-Gas is designed to run in high altitudes and has different additives and properties than pump gas or race fuel. If you have NOT bumped the compression, then use 93 pump gas. I use Unocal 110 on my hot rod stuff. If your carb was sucking air from the folded boot then it won't matter how big of a main you put in, it will still run lean. Good luck...
    KEEP THE DUNES OPEN!! AMERICAN SAND ASSOCIATION Member,FRIENDS of OCEANO DUNES member, Father,Husband and PROUD to be AMERICAN.

Thumbs up jetting

Lose the av-gas.Another old wives tale that needs put to rest. No professional race team anywhere runs av-gas!NONE!NADA! This is a big clue! Airplanes aren't the same as land based vehicles in their fuel requirements.Check out the pro's fuel. VP,Elf,Trick,and others are the common choices.Your carb being tilted will give you false readings big time.Don't get sucked in to buying "race" gas just because you think you need it. Excess octane will not help your quad run better unless you count a lighter wallet a perfomance mod. Only buy what your bike needs. Even a heavily modified engine will usually run on 50/50 mix of pump gas and and race fuel.Hi-compression motors need the octane,not stock or close to stock.If,after all your jetting trys,you still can't get it right,please check your ignition timing. If it moved when your mom cleaned the garage,it could also give a false jet reading.(only kidding about the Mom part,not the timing) Check out the VP web site to see what they recommend in fuel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234