Thread: oil

oil

i like quaker state oil. my 400ex is ready for its first oil change. can i use quaker state oil in my quad and if so what should i use: quaker state conventional, semi-synthetic, or full synthetic oil

thanks

Do a search for mobil1 and you will find all the info about oil you could possibly want to know.

Check out the thread: What kind of oil do you use???
    2000 TRX400EX

NG Racing

i heard that using some synthetics can burn out your clutch alot faster. has any body using mobil 1 ever burnt out there clutch

If you are worried about synthetics. Use the Mobil 1 20W-50 non-synthetic. That is what I use now. I have used the 15W-50 full synthetic also with no problems. The 20W-50 has the SG rating which is safe for quads.
    2000 TRX400EX

NG Racing

Originally posted by exrider2002
    i heard that using some synthetics can burn out your clutch alot faster. has any body using mobil 1 ever burnt out there clutch

i've been running mobile 1 synthetic for years and have yet to burn up a clutch i've been using mobil 1 15w-50 in my current bike since november 2002 and also after the motor was worked and clutch is still mint and does not slip, take the info for what it's worth these are only my experiences you allways get a couple in the bunch that swears that synthetic is the devil

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

I like using the HP4M it has moly in it which helps the motor to last longer. The sucky part of the oil is that it cost almost 8 bucks a quart up here.
    2000 Honda 400ex, 426 JE piston, Hotcams Stage 2 cam, Ported head, Uni Air filter,WB Rev box White Brothers Pro-Meg exhaust, TCS ZPS fronts, TCS rebuilt ZPS rear, IMS desert tank. IMS Bumper, Tinner airscoops, AC Propegs, Edelbrock Carb, PEP stabilizer, Durablue X-33 axle, Houser +2 a-arms. Maxxis razer rears. 15/36 gearing

AIM naterbwillard

Quaker state oil

i like quaker state oil. my 400ex is ready for its first oil change. can i use quaker state oil in my quad and if so what should i use: quaker state conventional, semi-synthetic, or full synthetic oil
    Actually im starting to run the quaker state 10w-40 oil in my bike.....because my honda dealer says that it works great and they've been using it for many years in all their bikes.
    2003 CR125R

Red 02' 400EX Wiseco 11:1 Stk bore, Web Cam "Sturdivant" grind, HMF slip-on, ground header, 160MJ 42PJ screw-3 turns out, K&n, outerware, Sparks advance key, alum. diamond tread air box, aux. oilcooler, Arens nerfs, bling bling by Pappy

Red 04' 300EX HMF slip-on, K&n, outerware, Gt Thunder velocity stack