Thread: Removeing Choke on a 400ex

Removeing Choke on a 400ex

I just got done reading about removeing the choke on the 300ex's. I want to try this mod on my 400ex. How do I go about doing this? What do I need to do? I allready have the carb rejetted (I think 170 if a remember right) and I am running without a airbox lid with a K&N filter. I also have a White Bros. E series slipon, and a rev limiter. Thanks alot guys.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

with the mods you have it will provide a small h.p. gain.

remove the seat & air box( you will have more room)

there is a small black cap on the left side of the carb near the back.

just remove the black cap( it just pops off) & the two screws that hold the plate to the shaft & pull the shaft out.

use silicone to plug the hole up because dust will get by the black cap!!!!

also, let the silicone set up over night & use the correct size screw driver for the two screws that hold the plate on the shaft.
    2000 400ex with a mikuni tm38 carb, tc racing pipe, rebuilding motor