Thread: 425 on the way

Talking 425 on the way

The power bug bit me hard today! I ordered my JE 88mm Piston 425cc 11:1:1 compression. I also plan on having the Flywheel lightened too. I hope these mods will compliment the DMC exhaust and XR Cam I have right now. I haven’t ridden a 400 other than my own so I really don’t have any idea what kind of gains I will see or if I will even like it. Right now I really like the power it has it does great 3rd gear wheelies and good top end speed. I guess I just want to be able to do 5th gear wheelies now. Or this summer really fly across the dunes. I want the quad to be the best built XC race machine I can. I like to ride the trails a lot, so that power in every gear is important to me. I opted for the 425 than the 416 because I feel it will offer more torque and should rev pretty fast its self. I’m trying to find a happy median between the Hi revs motor and Hi Torque monster. Also It seems that I will be in search of a good gear ratio for this motor. So if any of you out there have a 425 and can give me some type of info on this, I would really appreciate it. :devil
    SOLD

Chassis:
    2002 Frame Gusseted For Motocross

Powder Coated Red: Frame, Sub Frame, Swing Arm, JD + 2 A arms. Powder Coated Black Motor Mounts, Yellow Race Cut Fenders, LSR +4 Axle, Alloy Specialties Lock Nut, Works Triple Rate Shocks with Red & Black Springs, Powder Coated Black, Aluminum Air Box , Aluminum Air Scoops, Renthal Bars, Pro Grips, Eye Headlight Covers, CR Clutch Perch & Lever, Scott’s Steering Damper, Pro Design Kill Switch, LSR Parking Brake Block Off, Speed Racing Case Saver, AC Racing Pro Peg Nerf Bars, PRM Front Bumper, PRM Body Skid, PRM Swing Arm Guard, 20x11x9 Holeshot XCR Rear Tires.

Motor:
    425EX, XR 400 Cam, Modified Carb, Removed Choke, JE 11:1 88mm Piston, Full Race Head Porting, XR 400 Head Gasket, DMC ALIEN Full System, K&N Filter w/ Outerwear Cover. Jetting (172 main) (42 Pilot) Gearing 16 Front 39 Rear

Includes Flat Bed Trailer
    all for 6000$ WIll DELIVER TO WASHINGTON or OREGON

Well Guy I've never ridden a 425 but if you've never rode a modified 400ex then you got one heck of a good thing comin buddy,,you'll look like this on your first ride. I can't wait to here your first response out here when you take your first ride,,you talk about full of chits and giggles..

good luck with the 425........hopefully everything works well ...have fun
    60rwhp monsta!!!!!

note: not just a plain sparks 465

mods : je 92mm piston 13:1 comp modded by sparks ,sparks custom sleeve *not stroked* ,hot rod , fcr 39 carb with alcohol,titanium retainers, valves, sparks cam, ported and polished with a flow meter, lrd big bore exhaust ,sparks heavy duty cam chain, trued and welded crank (shaved down incase i decide to stroke to well over 500cc ), lightned flywheel, hardened rockers , hinson clutch crap,kevlar disks,motors been polished. i have other engine stuff as well and the frame is floresent yellow with majer racin plastic custom painted midnight blue, battery was moved to front , street tires *grooved* ,18in turf tamers, dg alloy nerfs,cascade block off, no front brakes,one custom head light , i owned 2 other kits a 416, and a 440 the 440 snapped a rod in half, and came out the case causin me to buy new cases.....not bad for bein 17

-banshee
    -1989 250r with a cr500

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    o man u ain't comin out to pa now i don't want beat haha... so kendrick u been talkin about this 425 for awhile now and u finaly got it... u will love it i can't wait to ride it too TOMMY
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

thats pretty much how i decided on the same setup but i only want 10-1 i also was curious on gearing and jetting would a 40 pilot and a 170 main be the hot setup? also what size pilot without the choke? what kind of power gains will i gain from eliminating the choke? i dont want to fork out the 400 bucks on the fcr right now but mid season i will! just trying to get by for now! where did you get your parts from? how much? je or wiseco
    2002 yamaha raptor
    full yosh comp pipe
    11-1 686 big bore
    stage 2 hotcam
    fully ported by tqs racing www.quad-shop.com
    holeshot hd tires
    alba graphics
    dg v-pro bumper and grab bar
    ac nerfs
    gytr skids
    renthal bars

I want to know what you think of it.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.