Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Moses Lake...Do I need my dirt tires and my sand tires?

Going to Moses Lake...Do I need my dirt tires and my sand tires?

I am going to Moses Lake for the first time next week, and was wondering if I needed to bring my dirt tires. I know that there are sand dunes, but I didn't know if there were also dirt trail amongst the sand.
    Thanks!

I've never been there but fromthe pics on the web I've seen of that place it looks like you are better off with your dirt tires. Doesn't look like a lot of sand, no hills and a lot of dirt. That's just what I know from pictures though.
    2000 Banshee with all the bolt-ons
    1995 Warrior
    WyoDuner's Dune Review Site - Now with SAND DUNING Forums

Take your paddles!!
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

Wheelie, do I only need to take my paddles, or are my dirt tires needed as well?

I have been there a handful of times and never took my dirt tires once. Personally I would take my paddles only, JMHO. It's 99%+ dunes, you would have a lot more fun with paddles. Have fun!!
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

Cool

Only bring the dirts if you think you'll break your paddles. It's sand, just a bit dirtier. Remember a few years back when that stupid mountain blew up. It was DIRTY. I might be out there sun?mon. Should I look for you? I'll be riding with Banshee's and rollin in a 85 subburban. It's pimp.
    Mods: K&N, Jets (42 pilot 172 main and needle raised), No air box lid, TC Racing GNCC Cam, JE 425 11:1 piston, Big Gun full exhaust, PRM skids, Renthal Bars, DG alloy nerfs, Custom Grab Bar, 22x11" RAZOR 6 ply's, 20" Sand Skate 2s, 18x11" Tamers, Hoosiers and A whole can of Whoopass.

http://65.121.190.196/scott/index.html

FOR SALE! g/f's pregnant...... Wifes Pissed!

Thanks guys. I'll just bring my paddles then.
    I'll be there on Thursday through Sunday, so I won't see you there. I can't wait to go riding again!! It has been over a month!!

I go to Moses Lake once a month, and I use my sand skates there. If I had haulers I wouldn't use them there because there is a lot of debree in the sand, like glass that might rip of my paddles. If I were you I would first stop at the beverly dunes just past ellensburg, it's tough to be a moses for that long of time.

I have angled paddles, too. Have you ever had any problems with the glass or anything messing up your sand skates? I really can't stop at the beverly dunes because we are going with some other family, and they don't have quads. We weren't really planning on riding all of those days, anyway.
    Thanks

Out of my 4-5 years riding there, I have had only one flat tire. You should be fine. Go have fun. Keep an eye on your filter, kinda dusty with that ash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast