Thread: to powervalve, or not to powervalve...

to powervalve, or not to powervalve...

I need more balls on my r. lol. its bored .75 over, just to clean the sleaves during a rebuild, its got a fmf header, ct midrage silencer, v-force reeds and a k&n. i was thinking about a 265 pv...but at $1500 i'd have to wait a while to see the money. whats the power difference between that and a regular 265 from ESR? I need to do something different though, the R is nutless now.

thanks for any imput
    wes
    I didn't fail, I found another front end that doesn't work

Don't know what the actual #'s are but mine is significantly stronger everywhere (especially down low) when compared to my old stocker which was bored to 260cc. I modified the entire intake/exhaust set-up at the same time so I can't positively tell you how much was due to the pv but I'm guessing most of it. I think its worth every penny...

From what I understand, the Powervalves from ESR have a long wait attached to them, or maybe that's only for the 310PV

I can't tell you from personal experience, because my powervalve isn't installed yet. But reading up on the sparks 265PV, they say it has 5 more HP than the regular 265 National, and we know that Sparks builds great engines. With the powervalve, I bet it also has a better low-end also. Sounds like the best of both worlds, more top-end HP, and more low-end torque.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Well, i just got off the phone with esr. my 265pv will be here wednsday. I'm not sure weather to feel excited that its commin, or sad to see the money gone . ill let you all know how she rips
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, you got it by Wednesday?!? I figured they would have a wait on them...
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

yup, they had 3 in stock...2 now
    Attached Images Attached Images