Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good rear skid plate?

Who makes a good rear skid plate?

Need a new rear plate for offroad racing, my stock one is shot, who makes a good one, light weight & strong?
    Last edited by SGA; 01-07-2002 at 09:49 PM.
    Toys: A small boat and some beach bicycles

I have the prm rear skid. It is the best one i have had. I had a dg skid on and it was junk.

PRM all the way baby

Theres a write up of the Pro Tec plate in the reviews section.
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

I have a used AC I would sell you for 1/2 the
    new price plus shipping.

Greg.

sgaexer

A friend of mine makes stainless steel skids for the 400's. They're 3/16" thick 304 stainless steel. If you're not worried about the added weight of stainless versus aluminum, these are practically bulletproof. He sells them for $120.

I have one on my 300 and it doesn't have a scratch or ding on it. We have not been able to tear one up yet. The group of us that ride together are kinda his R&D team. He builds it, we try to break it. He sells what works, changes whatever we are able to break. If you're interested, let me know.
    Last edited by Scott; 01-08-2002 at 01:08 PM.
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

The United States of America. We build better bombs. (Free delivery available upon request)

Pro Tec hands down. It is alittle expensive but you get what you pay for. It makes my PRM skids look like alumnium foil. I think I would crack my swingarm before I broke it. Also the welds are a work of art !
    00' 416ex set up for xc
    71' bronco set up to smoke ricers

Either the prm or the pro tec. I have the prm and it is great. I only had allittle trouble getting it on and it gives great protection. I woud get the stainless steel if i had to do it over again.

Rear skid plate

Thanks for the replies. Talked with sales at magic racing today, he said alot of the more serious riders are buying the OMF rear skid. never heard of that brand, he said is was real good
    Toys: A small boat and some beach bicycles

hey i was gonna make a new thread but hey this one is started so hey! i am gonna order my PRM rear skid for the 300 tonight just wondering how much did u guys pay for yours??? i think where i am gett'n mine from it is 89.95 plus shipping is this a good price or am i gettin ripped?? also would u guys recomend gett'n the full skids under the quad or just the rear skid??
    1998 Yamhaha R1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast