Thread: ATTENTION 39mm FCR owners

ATTENTION 39mm FCR owners

I just purchased a 39mm fcr carb for my 416. My question is does everyone run a thumb throttle or a twist throttle with these carbs. I have a moose throttle housing i'll use with this carb to open it up fully and quickly making it more responsive. I have had trouble with aftermarket carbs pushing hard with a thumb throttle and was wondering what to expect with this one and a thumb throttle.
    " Determination is the strength needed to succeed."

I use a thumb throttle with mine, and I did not notice a difference in how hard it is to push compared to the stock one.
    2007 yfz450 -- black Maier fenders, Oury grips, CFM aluminum air box without the lid, 250r K & N air filter, Curtis Sparks X-6 full exhaust, cam mod, IMS-Roll Intimidator MX bumper, AC Racing Blackline Pro-peg nerf bars, Hiper beadlocks, Kenda Claw XCR tires

2001 400ex -- black Maier fenders, JE 10.5 to 1 std bore piston, Hotcam old Stage 2, FCR 39mm carb, port and polished head, valve job, White Brothers Pro Meg full exhaust, K & N air filter, no air box lid, Big Gun rev box, race cut front fenders, OMF air scoops, PRM swing arm skid plate, Tag X5 handlebars, Oury grips, 15/38 gearing, Kenda Claw XCR tires, Barnett Dirt Digger clutch, yfz450 front shocks

Mine is a little harder to push, but not too bad.

Mine is a lot easier to push than the stock carb. I haven't ridden with it yet because I am waiting for my head, but it is noticably easier to push.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

I have the moose thumb throttle also and the fcr carb works really well.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of EXriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

#13 IATVHSS 06 TRX450ER
    08 Heartland Challenge Industry class 1st place
    08 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    07 Maxxis 12hr Industry class 1st Place
    07 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    06 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    05 IATVHSS Womens class 2nd place

I'm running the stock thumb throttle with mine, and I didn't notice a difference in pull.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Originally posted by RytM1
    I'm running the stock thumb throttle with mine, and I didn't notice a difference in pull.
    I jumped off mine and right onto Jack's and I noticed a huge difference. His was a ton faster than my quad.

But the pull was the same.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

boy i'm glad to hear good news. i had lots of trouble in the past with thumb throttles pushing hard.
    " Determination is the strength needed to succeed."

I didn't feel any difference in myne eather.
    2002 yellow 416ex
    Ross Piston 11:1 compression
    Hotcams stage 2
    Porting
    Spark's X-6 exhaust
    FCR 39mm carb
    165 main jet/ 52 pilot jet
    LSR +2 A-arms
    LSR +4 axle
    Elka tripple rate fronts
    Derisi rebuild rear shock
    Spark's rev limiter