Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was shipping from curtis sparks good?

was shipping from curtis sparks good?

i was just wondering how long it took to recieve sparks items that you ordered? how about c and d? i will be ordering an x-6 from one of these places and i would like it in a one week period from the time i order it. is this possible or do i need to give them more time? thanks
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

i got my sparks x-6, air filter, and jets, plus some cool free stickers, in 3 days...and this was from sparks

i gave them both a call and sparks said around 4 days usually and c and d said around a week and a half. by the way, if we order from c and d, do the members here get a discount like 10% off or something? the going price for an x-6 ceramic is $450 and stainless is $480 at c and d. this is cheaper than going through sparks. i was just wondering because i know for some items we get a 10% discount for being members.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

Pretty sure you got the discount
    2002 yellow 416ex
    Ross Piston 11:1 compression
    Hotcams stage 2
    Porting
    Spark's X-6 exhaust
    FCR 39mm carb
    165 main jet/ 52 pilot jet
    LSR +2 A-arms
    LSR +4 axle
    Elka tripple rate fronts
    Derisi rebuild rear shock
    Spark's rev limiter
    K&N Filter/Outerware
    Tinner Air Scoop
    Holeshot XCR on stock rims
    Tag T-2 handlebars

Thumbs up

From C&D, they usually have the ceramics in stock, stainless is something you might have to wait a bit!!

Re: was shipping from curtis sparks good?

Originally posted by cals400ex
    i was just wondering how long it took to recieve sparks items that you ordered? how about c and d? i will be ordering an x-6 from one of these places and i would like it in a one week period from the time i order it. is this possible or do i need to give them more time? thanks
    ill let u know...i ordered mine from sparks monday and should have it tommorrow but im norcal only 4 hrs away from sparks so no reason it should take loneg

c&d has great service...ordered from them before. i went with sparks since i have been dealing with scott there for a few months and felt bad if i didnt order it through them hehe

cant wait to get this baby!!!!
    02' yellow 400 ex

heh i can tell u this...u sure wont regret it

i ordered a set of clutch springs from sparks and get in 3 days and were packed very good in a box muxh bigger than needed, nothiong but good things to say about them

Hey yellow400rider.

How are you going to get by the noise cops in CA. I would have one of those pipes. There checking almost everywhere i ride. You in the bay area. I am up in sactown
    2000 416 ex
    HRC Cam, JE 10.8-1, Porting
    FCR 39 Carb
    CHM Exhaust P-4R
    Jet Coated Power Bomb
    Pingry Oil Tank, Tiner Scoops
    Burgard Stem, Burgard +1 A arms
    Works Tripple Rates
    Lonestar Axle, Meszmoto Lock Nut

With a Collection of other Mods and Ends

maybe i did get the discount, but i sure did not tell him i was an exriders member. also, he did not have either in stock. he had one ceramic but just sold it right before i called. he said it would be a week and a half. sparks said less than a week. i think i am getting the stainless steel. they said it won't rust as easy and it can be polished where the ceramic can't. however, he said the ceramic would yield a little more power since the ceramic keeps the heat in and away from the engine. he said it would act like heat wrap that you put on headers of a car. however, there will be no seat of the pants gain or loss of the ceramic vs. stainless according to c & d.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast