Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No longer a honda rider...

No longer a honda rider...

Well I traded my 300ex this morning for a 97 banshee. It's bored .40 w/ wiseco pistons, FMF Gold series pipe & silencers, nerfs, and some other stuff. I love it.. don't miss the ex at all. I don't think the banshee handles bad like everyone says. I feel better on it than the 250r I drove. I can even ride wheelies on it already. It jumps like a dream too. Does anyone know the displacement that it has now, being bored .40 over? Just wondering, cuz that thing flat out flies. Well just wanted to let you all know I'm no longer a Honda rider. Hope I put it in the right forum. I'll attach a picture when I get home.

-Adam

hey man, i just got a banshee, your right, they flat out rip...i do agree that it doesnt handle as well as my 400, but i have over 1500$ into the chassis,,, i tried jumping it, but it lands pretty harsh,,,but it climbs hills AWESOME...i like it better than the 250rs ive rode too, heres a pic..
    Attached Images Attached Images

trx, the Shee's do climb extremely well. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Banshee. Only reason I'm asking is because my friend is selling his '01 Shee. It's in mint condition with Toomey T-5's and has less than 20 hours on it. He's asking $4600-4800 for it, I don't know if that's a good price for his quad or not. Like I said, less than 20 hours with T-5's, Uni filter and Uni-vents and the quad is spotless. He's one of those guys that washes and WD-40's his entire bike down after every ride.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Arrow

Here's mine. It really isn't clean at all around the engine or other parts besides the plastic, but I will fix that when it gets warmer. I paid $800 (plus the trade for my 300ex). Depending on how you look at it, it could've cost me 2650 or 2900. I bought my ex for 1850. I was selling it for 2100. Well anyway, I really love this bike. I think everyone should ride one at least once What do you guys think? BTW, anyone know about that displacement or where I can find out?

woops
    Here she is
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adam, your displacement is 358.5 cc's.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Well Adam, I'm not flaming the Shee but i think you will miss the 4 stroke when you have to tear down the motor and put new rings in it. The 2 stroke will take much more matience than the 4 strokes plus most places are banning 2 strokes because of the environmental harshness.
    '00 400ex Black Shockwears AC Pro Peg Nerfs Nac's head light guards K&N filter
    John.S.

Originally posted by Guy660R
    trx, the Shee's do climb extremely well. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Banshee. Only reason I'm asking is because my friend is selling his '01 Shee. It's in mint condition with Toomey T-5's and has less than 20 hours on it. He's asking $4600-4800 for it, I don't know if that's a good price for his quad or not. Like I said, less than 20 hours with T-5's, Uni filter and Uni-vents and the quad is spotless. He's one of those guys that washes and WD-40's his entire bike down after every ride.
    ok, it is a 2001,as you know the 2002s are out, the guy at the dealer said that they usually take money off the price of the banshee, but we traded in a motorcycle for it, so they gave us more for it, it was a 2001 suzuki gs500 BRAND NEW, they gave us 3500 and then charged an even 6k for the shee, that probably doesnt help you, but if you went to the dealer right now, you could probably get a leftover 2001 for 5700$.. 4800$ seems like a very good price and i bet he could get a little more if he tried.....banshees are a little harder to get premium dollar for snce there 2 strokes, and most,, or some are beat up real bad

are you going to buy it? or is it that guy you ride with,, scott i think????

Adam- get rid of those purple nerf nets and get some black or red ones. then put on better tires and youll have a really nice machine.

They're dirty, not purple.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast