Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-loading

Pre-loading

Anybody pre-load when they hit a jump?

If so how do you guys do it?
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R
    Rossier Shortie, K&N Outerwears Prefilter, Airbox Lid Removed, DynoJet Stage 2 Jet Kit, ITP Holeshot MX Fronts, Razr's on HiPers, HiPer 8x8 for the rear, TAG T-2's, Renthal Grips, DG Propeg Nerfs, N-STYLE Backgrounds, Factory Effex Sticker Kit, Factory Effex Numbers #7, Burgard +1 Stem, Works Dual Rates in the Front, Works Quad Star in the rear, Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, AC Rear Number Plates, AC Front Bumper, Shockwears, Durablue +4 Axle

Thanks to NaWarhorse, Dennis Kirk for all their help with my parts!

"if you can read this, you're in second place.

When you get to the bottom of the jump squat down, then when you get to the lip spring up
    2001 Honda 300ex- White Brothers AC Fly Maxxis Emgo UNI Sunstar Regina Moose etc...
    AIM name-DivinsHonda
    My Site

Originally posted by sweet300ex
    When you get to the bottom of the jump squat down, then when you get to the lip spring up
    How much more air do you get?
    Or isnt it noticeable?
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R
    Rossier Shortie, K&N Outerwears Prefilter, Airbox Lid Removed, DynoJet Stage 2 Jet Kit, ITP Holeshot MX Fronts, Razr's on HiPers, HiPer 8x8 for the rear, TAG T-2's, Renthal Grips, DG Propeg Nerfs, N-STYLE Backgrounds, Factory Effex Sticker Kit, Factory Effex Numbers #7, Burgard +1 Stem, Works Dual Rates in the Front, Works Quad Star in the rear, Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, AC Rear Number Plates, AC Front Bumper, Shockwears, Durablue +4 Axle

once you get the hang of it and time it perfect you will notice it. its all about the timing. all you do is basically throw your weight down so your shocks compress and then if you time it right they will throw you higher. good luck
    2004 Honda 450R, +4 lonstar, ss front lines, nerfs, +2 LT housers, longtravel Pep big bottle comp and reb adj. triple rate shocks with rezzies and clamp.. , 13:1 compression piston, hrc cam,full belly ac skid plate. 8x8 beads with mxr's powdercoated red with black ring, Kumho radials on powdercoated red rims. lots more pc'd items. renthal fatbars, stealth black powdercoated frame, and guesseted, also powdercoated fire red clutch cover and valve cover,,
    http://atvnews.s4.bizhat.com/index.php?mforum=atvnews
    www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/quader400

is it possible it might throw you off?
    - 02 400ex for sale
    - 02 300ex for sale
    -03 Cr 250
    -------------------------------

yea some times you get to carried away in trying to pre load and you forget to go the right speed or forget to give it gas at the lip so yea it can if you get to carried away in doing it.
    2004 Honda 450R, +4 lonstar, ss front lines, nerfs, +2 LT housers, longtravel Pep big bottle comp and reb adj. triple rate shocks with rezzies and clamp.. , 13:1 compression piston, hrc cam,full belly ac skid plate. 8x8 beads with mxr's powdercoated red with black ring, Kumho radials on powdercoated red rims. lots more pc'd items. renthal fatbars, stealth black powdercoated frame, and guesseted, also powdercoated fire red clutch cover and valve cover,,
    http://atvnews.s4.bizhat.com/index.php?mforum=atvnews
    www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/quader400

Originally posted by quader400
    yea some times you get to carried away in trying to pre load and you forget to go the right speed or forget to give it gas at the lip so yea it can if you get to carried away in doing it.
    And end up landin on your @ss or havin your front shocks go rite through the plastic from the hard endo landing.

Im goin to the 60 footer tomorrow after school, Il have my friend bring a camera and Il show ya how I did with it.
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R

ahh sometimes i jump the jumps sittin down and land sittin down

Originally posted by freeride132
    ahh sometimes i jump the jumps sittin down and land sittin down

i do that too

preload i do it everytime, when u hit the bottom of the jump push your shocks down as much as you can, and then at the top like bunny hopp, like your on a bmx bike, it does quit a bit once u get it down
    2001 yamaha raptor, 909 bars, durablue +2 axle, kn filter, durablue wheel spacers,white bros R-4, dg nerfs, dyno jet kit

2001 xr50, BBR bar kit, applied fork springs, applied shock spring, mulisha graphics, sik 50s clutch/springs, street tires, hand brake kit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast