Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FMX Mods

FMX Mods

everyone does mx mods, what do you guys do to setup your quad for fmx. just curious

first thing i do is monkey around with the suspension, i try to stiffen up the shocks a little bit so i dont bottom out on hard impacts.

i also run a lower tire pressure, this helps take a little impact out of hard landings and i feel more comfertable approaching a ramp if its smoother.

i usually run my handlebars as high as they can go. i like feeling comfertable standing up and not having my back croutched over. i want to be able to correct anything wrong that happens right off of take off. standing up in attack position works best and feeling comfertable standing is VERY important for when i ride freestyle.

thanks

Originally posted by Glow Plug
    I wish i could fmx man i need a job hey wired how's the kfx coming any picture? or some more top secret stuff
    The above information may be speculative, based on misinformation, contain inaccurate data or could be entirely tongue-in-cheek...depending on how litigious the reader may be, how much liquor I've consumed and or the read has consumed, or the degree of stupidity and/or gullibility exhibited by any poster/reader I may respond to

i usually run my handlebars as high as they can go. i like feeling comfertable standing up and not having my back croutched over

muhaha i feel the same way and everyone bashes on my quad because of its high bars, i love em, there awesome bend, if u stand up on a cr, and look where the bars are to your body and then stand on my quad its about the same difference, the seat is lower tho
    Attached Images Attached Images

well im not picky... thow me a quad and ill hit the jump with it.... and "try" some freestyle
    Mike Hurd
    Revulsion Industries

))FQX((

Originally posted by flyin#5
    well im not picky... thow me a quad and ill hit the jump with it.... and "try" some freestyle
    im not picky either, it just makes it 10x easier to be comfertable on the quad

i didnt do nothin to my 250ex(lost cuase for freestyle), but my kx shave the seat to make cans an stuf easier cut the plastic for look, no grab holes cuase i cant grab nothin but my balls, and i dont wanna be a poser
    2001 yamaha raptor, 909 bars, durablue +2 axle, kn filter, durablue wheel spacers,white bros R-4, dg nerfs, dyno jet kit

2001 xr50, BBR bar kit, applied fork springs, applied shock spring, mulisha graphics, sik 50s clutch/springs, street tires, hand brake kit

man I should get a longer stem. I agree with you about the bars because i'm 6' 2" I make my quad look tiny and i'm always hunched over. I can't even touch my handlebars if I stand up strait with a strait posture. I would get atv bend bars but I got some long arse arms too and the atv bars always seem to be closer to my chest. I can't wait tell I order a +2 length and +1 forward stem.

On topic though I don't change anything besides maybe a little foot work on the lip or rutts on the face of jumps. I can't wait to try some stuff this weekend.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Originally posted by Wired
    im not picky either, it just makes it 10x easier to be comfertable on the quad
    thats true!
    Mike Hurd
    Revulsion Industries

))FQX((

Im not Jon Guetter but I can do the simple stuff....

.No footers
    .No handers
    .No footed look back
    .Can Can (kinda corny)
    .No footer TO No hander Lander
    .Nac Nac
    .Cliff Hanger
    .Workin on the cordova- with my new TAG's it makes it easier cause they are pretty low bars.

But I usually check the face of the jump before I hit it, like Il roll right to the top of the lip and see if its gonna launch me or is it more of a speed jump then air. Other then that I pretty much do what you guys said.
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R
    Rossier Shortie, K&N Outerwears Prefilter, Airbox Lid Removed, DynoJet Stage 2 Jet Kit, ITP Holeshot MX Fronts, Razr's on HiPers, HiPer 8x8 for the rear, TAG T-2's, Renthal Grips, DG Propeg Nerfs, N-STYLE Backgrounds, Factory Effex Sticker Kit, Factory Effex Numbers #7, Burgard +1 Stem, Works Dual Rates in the Front, Works Quad Star in the rear, Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, AC Rear Number Plates, AC Front Bumper, Shockwears, Durablue +4 Axle

Thanks to NaWarhorse, Dennis Kirk for all their help with my parts!

"if you can read this, you're in second place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast