Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to know how to hot wire your 400EX?

thanks for your opinion, but let me say once more that I posted this for people who forget their keys after driving forever to get to their riding location. I mean there are many websites that tell how to do illegal or bad things but this doesnt mean that you will be the victim of these things happening to you. I think its a great tip that all 400ex owners should know even if it means someone might know how to steal their quad. Would you rather drive an hour to get to your riding location and forget your key, sit all day while your buddies ride, or ride with them?
    2000 400EX

Being that the ignition on a 400 only has 4 wires and it really only takes 2 of them to start it, I don't think you would have to sit out and watch your buddies ride if you really wanted to.

Also, RtyM1 is a police officier so I think he kind of knows what he's talking about. He knows how a simple post like this which may help some members on those days that they forget there key, may also assist another who has is a criminal and ends up stealing a quad. Get what were trying to say?
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

Originally posted by RytM1
    Thanks Mini, you just made it that much easier for people to steal quads now!! At a time when ATV's are being stolen left and right why in the world would you post an article on the internet, helping "would-be" thieves, become actual thieves? Why don't you just post your address, and leave your back door open for them too?
    IT doesnt matter if the theifs can start the quad or not, someone i know had their atv in the back of their truck with the tail gate locked, the theifs lifted it out of the truck and stole it. Its as easy as getting a friend and puttin it in neutral, no key needed, hot wiring comes later when the *** wants to ride it.
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

I understand that, as I said. I also know that people who would probably do something like this on a regular basis, already know how to hot wire them. But for those that don't, and may want to mess with one of his buddies, or take someone's quad for a joy-ride, I just don't see why we should make life even the slightest bit more easy for them.

Doug, thanks for understanding.

Mini, I understand where you area coming from, as I've almost been in that spot once. I don't knock you for looking out for the site members, and I never said you shouldn't have done it. I just think you should have gone about it a different way.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Originally posted by RytM1
    I understand that, as I said. I also know that people who would probably do something like this on a regular basis, already know how to hot wire them. But for those that don't, and may want to mess with one of his buddies, or take someone's quad for a joy-ride, I just don't see why we should make life even the slightest bit more easy for them.

Doug, thanks for understanding.

Mini, I understand where you area coming from, as I've almost been in that spot once. I don't knock you for looking out for the site members, and I never said you shouldn't have done it. I just think you should have gone about it a different way.
    well said, but whats makes you think that people who do want to steal or take friends quads for joy rides wont PM me? I dont see how that way is any better than posting the way on here.
    2000 400EX

Thats where you have to use your judgement. Ask a few questions of the person before you give them the directions. Maybe a few questions that only someone with a 400ex might know. For example, if you have a guy telling you that his 400 is liquid cooled, I probably wouldn't give him the directions.

Anyways, to stop beating a dead horse, what's done is done. Don't sweat it. There are pros and cons to everything, and some valid points have been brought up here. I'm just trying to raise a little awareness about how even the best intentions such as yours, may fuel someone elses bad intentions.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

ok, have a nice day and be sure to keep your eye on your 400ex, since the chances are much higher someone might hot wire it.
    2000 400EX

Lock picking sets and those inflatable bags work great for getting into any car. I have a set in my truck. No I don't use them to steal other people stuff, but what I do use them for is if I happen to be somewhere and someone locks their keys in their car I'm more then happy to unlock it for them. For a small fee of $5 for my troubles.

I see where you're comming from with giving out the information. I guess I never looked at it that way.
    1987 Honda/Powroll TRX300X - Set up for MX (District 14 #570)

1983 Honda CR125R
    [
    URL=http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/quadpics.html]Pictures of my 300X[/URL]

helping "would-be" thieves, become actual thieves
    Good point, and could be just enough to push the ones that were thinking about it.

Then again like was said earlier many just get wheeled away.

Wonder if "quad theft" will ever become part of capital punishment, that would be a deterant.

i tink all dem carz slapnutz bringgz home and wurks on in da barn is hotted wiredd cuz he'z never got da keeys to dem himz maks lots o monees afftr tarin dem partt an seellen da parts ta peepls.
    Tecotty
    honda450r
    holershot tirz
    spanks mufflr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast