Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to know how to hot wire your 400EX?

Hybrid View

Who wants to know how to hot wire your 400EX?

Check out my website..I just made an article on how to start your quad without a key. It just so happened yesterday when I went riding I left my key at home so I decided to make the article.....Hope you like it.
    http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~scarrill/article.html
    2000 400EX

thx for the article. My friends honda recon key works in my 400ex any one know why?

All you have to do is pop off the ignition and connect the wires. At least thats how you do 300s.
    Red 2002 300 EX

Mods:
    K&N Air filter, Black lugnuts, MSR bars, Scott grips, Custom mounted ignition, Maxxis Sur-Trak Rear Tires(22-11-9), Blue wire cover accents,
    Confederate Flag License Plate (bent...long story)

what are the 2 things you got on the starts the 2 black wires
    00' 400ex red
    Renthal bars
    Acerbis handguards
    Shockwears
    Razr's
    msr lever
    white bros. R-4
    nerf bars

they are alligator clips.
    2000 400EX

Thanks Mini, you just made it that much easier for people to steal quads now!! At a time when ATV's are being stolen left and right why in the world would you post an article on the internet, helping "would-be" thieves, become actual thieves? Why don't you just post your address, and leave your back door open for them too?
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Noproblem, i posted the article for people who forget their keys, not for theives. But then again if they are theives then they will do whatever they need to steal you quad. One article on a website will not make your quad get stolen tomorrow.
    2000 400EX

Locks only stop honest people. If someone wants to steal your ride bad enough they'll get it. Seriously though, most people can figure out how to put 2 wires together to turn the ignition on or in the case of my X disconnect 2 wires. I wouldn't worry about theives being able to hotwire your quad. Usually they'll roll it off. It's a lot quieter that way.
    1987 Honda/Powroll TRX300X - Set up for MX (District 14 #570)

1983 Honda CR125R
    [
    URL=http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/quadpics.html]Pictures of my 300X[/URL]

Originally posted by TRX300X
    Locks only stop honest people. If someone wants to steal your ride bad enough they'll get it. Seriously though, most people can figure out how to put 2 wires together to turn the ignition on or in the case of my X disconnect 2 wires. I wouldn't worry about theives being able to hotwire your quad. Usually they'll roll it off. It's a lot quieter that way.
    exactly!
    2000 400EX

I totally agree with that, and in my line of work, I see it every day. And I agree that most will probably be able to figure out which wires to put together, but let's not give the knuckleheads in society more ammunition to work with, and make it that much easier for them once they get it. Its just MHO, that I wouldn't post that kind of information on a website. It's a little more work to do, but make a post telling people that you know how to do it, and if they want to know how, PM them with it. I also know a slick little trick for "breaking in" to Ford Explorers, without the person seeing any signs of it, but I wouldn't post the instructions in a forum like this. I have sent emails or PM's to Explorer owners who want to know how they can safegaurd against that happening to them.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast