Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building Jumps??..

Cool Building Jumps??..

Hey i just got my 400ex a lil over a month ago, w/ my buddie getting a 300ex just days before me. well we all had quad's that weren't really sports at all, and so our trails had no jumps at all, only a couple of really small natural ones. well now we want to make some really good jumps down there, but don't kno if there is a special technique to making jumps that last or if u just make a pile of dirt, haha.

o yea, even in this short time i already can bust out a No-Hander-Lander,,, but only getting about 5 feet verticle, and about 15' distance.

when i was starting out i would just kinda pile up dirt

here is one mysticfalcon posted

QuadTrix6 made this one

this is the last pic. hopefully these will help you out.

this is a nice jump honda250xrider made

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    ahhh if u guyz just got sport quads and have never jumped b4 i highly reccomend not jumpin something that big...

start off small and work ur way up... make a few lil doubles about 15 or 20 ft and b4 u know it u'll be doin them up to 35 or 40...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

well i'm not going from utility to sport.
    my old 4-wheeler,,, isn't a sport but isn't a utility either.
    the only thing u can really classify it as is a P.O.S. ('87 200SX), but we arn't going from no jumps at all to big ones. we got some jumps that are pretty much naturally there, for instance, we got a Tabletop because people took dirt for houses on either side and then rain just sloped it down into a smooth tabletop (about 10 feet long table, but airtime is about 15 feet long,,, 3 feet tires from ground vert.) and others as well, like our turn that is banked up because dirtbikes keep taking it really short and building it up, and it's open behind it so we just go straight and jump that.

I also have a Back-Hoe and my buddie chad (300ex) has a bobcat skidloader, so we shouldn't have any problem building some big jumps.

It's a work in progress. My dad calls it the "Death Ramp." But Im calling it fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The little EX is gone, but not forgotten

'04 400EX. Shockwears Shock Covers, DG Nerfs, Parking brake block off, aftermarket clutch perch.

A fun way to make jumps is just before the top of a hill (one with a down hill on the other side) is just build a bit of a jump there. Sorry I don't have any pics. A good idea is to use something as filler, like logs Even if you dig a hole first and fill it with logs then you have a pile of dirt. Or burning even though there isnt much left of wood after its burnt.
    94 4trax 300 4x4 01 MXZ 700 01 400ex 86 250R

all i can say is use black dirt! sand sucks for jumps! gets really rutted and will be in need of constant repair... here is a pic of a doulbe and a triple. the double is on the right side and the triple (still working on it) is on the left
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Hurd
    Revulsion Industries

))FQX((

that looks nice Mike. i will have to come up and show you how to hit it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast