Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to freestyle, what to try?

New to freestyle, what to try?

this thread is to help me and whoever else has only expierimented with freestyle and doesnt kno to much on what to do. i kno almost all of the tricks as do all other quad and dirtbike riders, doin them is the hard part.

what tricks should a person start with, i can do a one hander and a no footer, never tried anything else. what is next on the list?
    thanks to my 04 sponsers: broque ward racing, ac racing, fibe industries, tag metals, rtc racing products, fmx racing, pappy's performance coatings
    current bikes
    250r-esr 310/ keihin 38pwk / jrd + +1 long travel/ fabtech 88 swing/ front pep triple rezzies comp adjust/ galfer/ hiper beads/ razr mx/ tag/ durablue/ ac/
    ^just a taste^
    300ex- r- razrs douglas .190 f- fast treckers douglas .190, ac bumper w/ mudscreen, renthal ,trail tech lights, K&N filter, Outerwear, K&N jet kit, powroll airbox lid, hetrick pipe, custom length works dual rate fronts with rezzies, works rear quadstar shock with rezzie, graydon proline nerfs, lsr axcaliber axle, burgard +1 400ex a-arms, galfer +2 brake lines

old bike(s)- 01 250ex

try a can can

here is Dan doing one

no footed one handers, turn downs and heel clickers and cliff hangers are easy to work up to.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

do one footers first, then you can slowly move that to a nac nac,, but first get down all the basics, no footers, no handers, nothin is pretty easy, a heel clicker
    2001 yamaha raptor, 909 bars, durablue +2 axle, kn filter, durablue wheel spacers,white bros R-4, dg nerfs, dyno jet kit

2001 xr50, BBR bar kit, applied fork springs, applied shock spring, mulisha graphics, sik 50s clutch/springs, street tires, hand brake kit

heel clickers were hard to learn but now I feel like I can do em' on any jump. Just gotta make sure you preload good and also I think anyone can do em'. You don't have to be flexible or anything.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

once u get a heel clicker down a rodeo is really easy. heres me...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    416 11;1 piston. stage 1 hot cam, port and pollished head k&n and pro circut pipe ac bumper dg nerfs renthal bars razor rears

Isn't a rodeo when you do that but a heel clicker instead of just a no footer?
    2006 GSXR-1000
    2006 CRF450X
    2006 CRF150F
    2005 CRF50
    2005 Extreme 107
    2003 Z-400 For Sale

Originally posted by Jimmah
    Isn't a rodeo when you do that but a heel clicker instead of just a no footer?

yeah it is

yeah it is, that was just bad timing from the camra guy, my feet where on the way back to the pegs. here's me doing a heel clicker, i cant click them all the way (not flexable enough)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    416 11;1 piston. stage 1 hot cam, port and pollished head k&n and pro circut pipe ac bumper dg nerfs renthal bars razor rears

start with 1 handers , no handers, one footers, no footers, nothings, nac nac's, can cans no footed cans etc etc
    The above information may be speculative, based on misinformation, contain inaccurate data or could be entirely tongue-in-cheek...depending on how litigious the reader may be, how much liquor I've consumed and or the read has consumed, or the degree of stupidity and/or gullibility exhibited by any poster/reader I may respond to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast