Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best pipe for 400ex racing?

Lightbulb best pipe for 400ex racing?

what is the best racing pipe for my ex i am looking at the curtis sparks ct racing and yoshimira i have a kn filter jet kit vented air box thinking about 440 or 416 not sure. i need some good feedback a.s.a.p buying pipe next week and motor kit following week any info greatly appreciated

welp if your not worried about noise i'd go with the T.C. racing pipe or the curtis sparks pipe...... i've herd nothing but good things about both of these pipes ..... Warriorman has a tc and says he really likes it so you might be able to get more details from him about it..... just my .02 toby
    06 YFZ 450..all white... LRD pipe, jet kit, lid removed, cam mod

LT JB front end and Ohlins shocks coming before june.

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    can someone give me some info on the curtis sparks pipes whats the differnce between the x-4 and x-6... i am gonna get one soon as i save up the money and i dunno what one to buy... also can u post me some pics bc sparks sites won't get any bigger and they are so small and ic an't see it to good on creechs quad on huevos... thanks a million tommy
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

I have been told that the X-4 is for low end, and the X-6 is for top end.

Honestly I don't think it matters,,since your only talkin about 3 or 4 HP...I've got a FMF powerbong, and PC4 setup,,and run against all types of pipes and beat most of them and been beat by half of them,,get whatever you think looks good,, and won't piss off the neighbors. IF ya want HP get the motor rebuilt..

I"m thinkin about gettin a different pipe setup,,not for more speed but for a different sound...pretty stupid huh,,,but that's my thoughts on pipes,,,your riding skill will determine if you finish 1st or last,,not the pipe you run. But like I said if you wanna race and have a faster bike than the other guys,,modify your stock pipe and bore out the motor.

Rico hit the nail right on the head. I can beat all pipes out there. Then the next day they can beat me. Its motor work and skill level, not the size of your pipe.
    DIRT is a fun four letter word.

I am retired from ATV Racing!!!!

Originally posted by Mity Mo
    Its motor work and skill level, not the size of your pipe.
    That's not what SHE said!

Okay I will give you that one. I walked right into that mess. Mo
    DIRT is a fun four letter word.

I am retired from ATV Racing!!!!

I like my TC Racing Pipe a lot. If your not worried about sound I would get it. I felt gains all through the powerband. Now remember, this is just from me riding it, it`s not from a dyno. I am very happy with my Pipe. I`m glad I got the TC. Now all I need is a TC Motor.

400EX21, The X-4 is for a Stock to a Mild Modified Motor. The X-6 is for a Mild to Wild 465 Big Bore Stuff. Sparks told me he found the X-4 gave a little more bottom end on a stock motor. I know your motor is not stock. I would call and ask him before you buy one. Have you thought about a TC Pipe? You could save a little bit of money.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    nuttin against ur tc pipe but i realy don't like the looks of sumtin that small... i think its to small... i will probably get a x-6 but i will call curtis sparks first and talk to him about what one i should buy...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast