Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 400ex Cooling

400ex Cooling

What is the best way to cool a 400EX engine more?
    Will ceramic coding the engine help? Im really after something else.

I posted a few months ago looking for a larger oil cooler. I still think it would be the hot ticket, other than the Pigrys Oil Tank... So far, I am happy I switched to Mobil1 automotive oil. Valve train is much quieter now when the motor gets hot. It is my first time to use a synthetic in anything I have owned.
    Honda, Best On Earth
    2000 400EX, 1996 300EX and a 1997 LT80 - each with a bunch of custom schtuff on'em!
    2001 CR250
    2002 KDX220

I seen in the back of my ditwheels that you can get a larger oil radiator. It costs almost 500 so i would go with other stuff first.
    05 450R All the good stuff...

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    pingry over sized oil tank will cool it down alot it costs like 300$ i think...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

The pingry tank probably would work good for a stock motor. It got mine back to about stock temp...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

I saw the add in dirtwheels too. It pays to read every single word in it. Here are the exact words:

Cool your engine down! Make more horsepower! Add more life with a DTZ oil cooler kit. Thirteen row extra capacity oil cooler, lines and mounting hardware. $475.00 DTZ ATV (602) 769-6164

It wouldn't be to much trouble to call and find ut more about it. I wonder if it will let you run 250r air scoops.

you could get some way to get more air to the stock cooler. i imagine that would work halfway decent.
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

Pingry's extra capacity oil tanks are only $274 you can go to there web site and check it out at www.ppdracing.com
    2007 Honda 450ER W/ White plastic- Houser Slicast Longtravel +2 A-arms, Axis Triple rate shocks w/ rezzy's, Houser +1 steering stem, Stremline steel braded brack lines front & rear, Nac's case saver, PEP steering dampner, Tag T2 chrome handlebars, Works connetion pro perch clutch lever, IMS/Roll powermadd handgaurds, Houser Graphics Kit, Houser #plate backgrounds, Douglas ultimate front w/ groved radials, Douglas ultimate beadlocks rear with Maxxis MX tires, Lonestar +2+2 Axle & anti fade lock nut, AC racing black line front bumber, AC racing black line nerfs w/ relocated pegs, AC racing rear grab bar powdercoated black, Pro design kill switch, Pro design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter & outerwears wrap, Honda CRF cam, Sparks full exhast, Quadtech hood scoop.

2007 Sponsors- Houser Racing, Nac's, K&K Racing, IMS-ROLL, Tag-Metals, Quadtech, Lonestar Racing, Outterwears.

Curtis sparks recommends running higher octane fuel to keep the motor cooler,,go out to ********.com and read the questions emailed to him and his response's to them,,pretty good stuff.
    But a larger oil tank would help matters I'm sure,,i just don't know if I wanna loose my arm to pay for one..

Sometimes I just put Ice cubes in my oil tank to keep mine cool..

Re: 400ex Cooling

Originally posted by Honda Guy
    What is the best way to cool a 400EX engine more?
    Will ceramic coding the engine help? Im really after something else.
    Hey honda guy, this is rebelblaster14 from extreme dirt bike and atv.This place will anwser all most any question you can ever need to know about your EX.

later bud
    Today we ride the R, Tommorow we ride the 400ex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast