Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer problem.. Please help!!

Computer problem.. Please help!!

Alright on my other computer I press the start up button and it will make a weird noise, but then sounds like its running right, but nothing appears on the screen.. What can this be? What can I do about it? This really stinks please help
    Randy

Can Am DS450
    - Flexx Bars
    - Hipers
    - Motoworks air filter
    - Rossier Exhaust
    - X-Package Skids
    - A-Arm Guards
    - Razor 2's

Have you messed with it lately ? When did you first notice it ? And, like what kind of nosie is it making.
    DRAGONFIRE RACING
    Z4C
    MY-QUAD-VIDEOS-DOT-COM
    -Lance
    //2008 CRF230L//
    //2007 Black/Red Suzuki Z400// Complete Dune Go'er In the Works
    HMF Exhaust
    Nerfs
    Pro Design Intake
    Pro Taper CR High
    Race Cut Fenders

did you do anything to the registry, malicious spy ware, or a virus maybe, either way i recomend that you restore your registry to an earlier piont btw what comp is this
    Greg Watts
    GNCC
    IATVHSS #314
    OXC
    A Class
    2006 450ER/R
    2005 450R
    2011 Sponsors- BNR Motorsports, HiPer, PowerMadd, FW Carbon, Traxx Performance

Originally posted by exracer16
    did you do anything to the registry, malicious spy ware, or a virus maybe, either way i recomend that you restore your registry to an earlier piont btw what comp is this
    Well, if its making noise (im no expert) but, I think if it is doing that then a fan is off or something. That is why I was asking if he has messed with it or etc, But if its not like a noise that would come from a fan then.......... Ya thats where im no expert at.
    DRAGONFIRE RACING
    Z4C
    MY-QUAD-VIDEOS-DOT-COM
    -Lance
    //2008 CRF230L//
    HMF Exhaust
    Nerfs
    Pro Design Intake
    Pro Taper CR High
    Race Cut Fenders

yeah i would take the case off and see if there is something in the fan. if not the fan could just be old and if it is not brushless, the brushes could be out. if this is the case you will have to replace it and try getting a quieter fan. i have had this happen before and it was my fan. i just had to replace it. no big deal and fans are pretty cheap.

A few things...

(1) Fan is failing or failed causing your CPU to cook (CPU fan)...

(2) Hard Drive crashed and killing the start up BIOS - I have seen this before - not common, but can happen.

(3) Power supply is going bad, or is bad.

(4) Motherboard failed.

Do you get ANYTHING on the screen on boot up? Any beeps? From what you describe, its a hardware issue... NOT software.
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

sounds to me like the fan in the power supply went bad and it overheated
    Paradox Motorsports - Morristown, OH

I used to be a D12 racer... then we got screwed over.

AIM - Donda450R

"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive."
    ~Van Wilder

'06 450R MX

Originally posted by MOFO
    A few things...

(1) Fan is failing or failed causing your CPU to cook (CPU fan)...

(2) Hard Drive crashed and killing the start up BIOS - I have seen this before - not common, but can happen.

(3) Power supply is going bad, or is bad.

(4) Motherboard failed.

Do you get ANYTHING on the screen on boot up? Any beeps? From what you describe, its a hardware issue... NOT software.
    Ya thats most likely, fans can be $10.00 bucks but if your cpu is fried.....you might as well buy a new computer. Matter of fact if anything like the mother board, hard drive, etc is fried then buy a new computer. Or the power supply fan like Trick250r said. But, if thats the case and it cooked then it wouldnt turn on at all correct ?

Hope its nothing major Randy
    DRAGONFIRE RACING
    Z4C
    MY-QUAD-VIDEOS-DOT-COM
    -Lance
    //2008 CRF230L//
    HMF Exhaust
    Nerfs
    Pro Design Intake
    Pro Taper CR High
    Race Cut Fenders

man it doesnt seem like he fried any thing, and if it only makes a noise when he clicks start or whatever i ont see how it could be the fan, im with exracer on this one

Dont worry too much about the CPU getting fried. Most computers have protection that will not let them overheat, especially if you have a built machine.

As for what is wrong... I would guess that your video card may be bad. The sound you are telling me about coudl be the fan on the video card (if it has one). If hte fan on the card did go bad, it could have damaged the GPU... thus why you get no signal to the monitor.

The fact that it boots up ok, but nothing appears on the screen is a very good indication of a video card being the problem.

I woudl recommend borrowing someone elses card and putting it in your computer to see if that does the trick. Replacement cards can be very cheap depending on what you want.

Another possibility woudl be the hard drive. This is 90% what is wrong when you hear a consitant clicking sound. There are only a couple moving parts in a computer (fan and hard drive) so I think it is eithe rone or the other.

Based on what you told us, this is only a guess. Also, like the guy before said, this is a hardware problem. Dont listen to anyone telling you to reformat your computer or make any other system changes. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.
    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast