Thread: can you make ATV's street legal

can you make ATV's street legal

I no you can make dirtbikes street legal but can you make a quad street legal and if so how and where to get the parts and so on thanks alot in advance
    foresale $2,000Current Ride: 2003 300ex AC Nerf bars , Shockwears, ITP Holeshots XC, K&N filter,jetted , Mod Air box

it depends on ur state

but if u can i think all u need is tires, headlight, tailight brake light and turning signals
    92 Patriotic Styled 250x
    99 yamaha gp1200 (this thing rips)
    97 sea doo gtx
    93 arctic cat ext 550
    99 arctic cat Zr600
    96 GMC Jimmy, Rims/Tires, CAI, Spintech Exhaust
    89 TOTALED s-10 blazer R.I.P.

Look through the ad's in magazines..there should be some in there..

how do i look to find out what my state requires, i live in ILLINOIS if someone could give me a link thanks very much
    foresale $2,000Current Ride: 2003 300ex AC Nerf bars , Shockwears, ITP Holeshots XC, K&N filter,jetted , Mod Air box

the most common question which i dont know the answer to....are hoosier flat track tires street legal? i was thinking radials (ungrooved) on the front and hoosiers on the rear wuold be the best
    1999 Durango - In-Dash DVD, so far. More to come soon.

Until they quit building 3 wheelers you could add the lights and get a 3 wheeler registered as a motorcycle nation wide, but that stopped in the late 80's when 3 wheelers went out of production. If you owned one at that time and it was registered as a motorcycle you can still get it registered as a motorcycle in most states. The laws were just like motorcycle laws (must have motor cycle license, turn signals, brake light, and the lights must be on at all times). I only know 1 person who has one registered like this and he has ridden it across the country 3 times. It's been in every state except Hawaii and Alaska at least once.

Here in Indiana you can still get ATV, ATC, and dirt bikes registered for use on COUNTY ROADS with no extra equip. It cost $6 for 3 years the DNR sends you a registration card that you must have at all times while riding on roads and you have to put the # from the card on your quad in 3" tall #'s. Then you just need insurance and a VALID drivers license.
    1985 Honda 250 Big Red
    1986 Honda 250R
    1999 Honda 450ES Foreman
    1999 400EX
    2001 Honda Rancher S 4X4
    2001 F250 Super Duty & a big @$$ trailer to haul all the toys from one riding location to another

PICTURES