Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 400 at the drag strip

My 400 at the drag strip

Just wanted to tell you guys about the races this weekend. This is the first weekend I have been able to take my quad to the strip to see what it could do. All I have on my bike is a Yoshi full system and jet kit performance wise. I havent got a chance to put the big bore kit and HRC cam on it yet. Well first I raced a stock raptor, I came off the line a bike length and a half ahead and stayed that way the whole strip. then I raced another stock raptor. got him good on the line but 4th he pulled away about a bike length. next i raced a raptor with a pipe and jetted. He left me at the line and pretty much stayed that way. Next I raced a raptor piped jetted with big bore. i got him on the line all 3 races against each other but come 4th gear all I could see was his dust. I raced a 400EX with a 416 kit and he pulled me bottom and top. Also i raced a banshee about 4 times. I got him 2 bike lengths off the line every time but same thing come 4th gear. I was very surprised how well my 400 would hang just jetted and piped. i dont understand why I can get such a good jump on everyboby then 4th gear they just pass me. Why is this??? the only ones I stayed ahead of was the ATC 350, one of the the stock raptors, DS 650 Baja. A 250R dirtbike and 3 400EXs. I cant wait to get that big bore put on!!

Just curious how many feet is the track you race at is?
    Mike L.
    http://www.turbocarz.com/offroad
    '92 TRX250X / '85 KX125

I remember everybody saying it was too long. Longer than they usually are. I think 500 feet.

Drag!

You beat a Baja DS 650 and a 250 dirt bike in a drag race?

Yeap. i beat the Baja 650 3 times and the 250R dirtbike 2 times. I think the guy on the bike didnt know how to ride I guess. The guy on the Baja said he didnt want to get on it because he just got through working on it, but we seen him later at the dust bowl hittin his rev limiter over and over. he was making excuses. i did get beat a DS 650 that had a cam and lots of other stuff on it.

500ft is too long !!around here std is 150 or 300ft.are you running 20" rears with 15 tooth front sprocket? if so i think this is best for long drags.
    01 EX with many mods

Right now I have the 15 tooth front with 18inch turf tamers. These tires suck for dragging. But I was getting good off the line. But they spin a LOT. I think maybe because they are small Is why im loosing so bad on top end. I guess I need some 20's. I have heard stock tires are the best????

Originally posted by Winged Warrior
    me at a drag
    What??

Same setup i use ,18' tamers 15 front but on much shorter strip
    01 EX with many mods

Do you like the tamers. I dont think they are very good for dragging. What do you think? At first I would sit in the hole and just spin but once the start got dug down to harder dirt I got excellent take off.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast