Thread: Frozen Mud

Unhappy Frozen Mud

Went riding today and got my quad just a wee bit dirty, thought I would pressure wash it but when i turned on the pressure washer I found out that all the mud had froze to the plastic. I dont have a heated garage so how could i get this frozen mud off? I already tried wisk mixed with scalding hot water. Thanks.
    02 400ex- your typical go fast goodies

Try using a sandblaster :-)

well Jabber Jaw I used the sand blaster, I might need new plastics and a seat cover though, but it sure did take the mud off.
    J/k
    02 400ex- your typical go fast goodies

leave it sit in the garage for a night o day anyway, it might still melt as long as the temp goes up a little...if not use a small rubber mallat and just tap the mud spots till the chip apart and fall off, not to hard cause in cold weather plastics are very volnerable to cracking. Or just a cloth dipped in some hot/warm water and rub the mud off.
    Beauty of this day, misguided painful bliss.
    Lingering sensations, blue skies you kiss.

Don't feel like the lone ranger mine is sitting in the garage right now and it is the same way.It is driving me crazy
    2001 Banshee
    Chrome Toomey t-5 kit, Raptor rear Radials, Fast trekker fronts,Renthal bars, AC bumper, AC grab bar, K&N air filter, Dynojet kit, T&T p.b. block off, Works dual rates w/ rezzies, UMI pro flow, and mad eye light covers and some more stuff.

get a hair dryer with medium heat and heat up the mud spots and wipe clean with a damp towel then dry it of with a dry towel

melt it...

If you are keeping your quad in a garage then I suggest a small propane heater. When I come in from riding I wash it off and then heat up the garage with one of those small bullet heaters. The cost is around $100 at Home Depot and they connect to a 20# propane tank (like you use with your grill). Anyway, this melts the muck and makes it a little more comfortable to do the final clean up/wipe down.

You will pay for one of these in two months versus using a hair dryer which will not only cost a ton in electricity but you will probably blow it up. Then you have to replace it, catch flack from the wife or girlfriend, and you still have frozen crap on your quad...

Good Luck

John
    2001 400EX
    --------------------------------
    DG Full Skidplate
    DG Swingarm Skidplate
    DG A-Arm Guards
    ITP 22x11x9 Holeshot XCT Rears
    ITP 23x7x10 Holeshot XCT Fronts
    ITP Edge 9x9 Wheels (Rear)
    Trail Tech Speedometer
    Shockwear Covers