Thread: New Riding Park in South Eastern Wisconsin?

Question New Riding Park in South Eastern Wisconsin?

My group has been going riding at this old retired county gravel pit for the last 10 years or so. Other locals might have been riding there longer, but I found out about it around 1992. I'm really bad at estimating...but it's probably about 50-75 acres. Lots of elevation changes...lots of hill climbs, lots of woods. Not so big that you would get lost...but definately better than the other ride spots within an hour drive or so. Our riding was always done on the sneak since obviously nobody knew who was in control of the property.
    So about two weeks ago we headed out there to ride around, and this guy stops us to see what we're up to. Turns out it's the new owner of the land. He bought the land about a year ago, because it borders his trucking business land. He was very nice, he was even on a couple quads with his kids. He said he is very open to the idea of opening the land to riding, but wants to cover his assets. I'm going to work with him as much as I can to make this a reality.
    The new Dirt Wheels(June) just came yesterday, and I'm going to photocopy the article on how to open your own OHV park for him. I will be sure to keep everybody posted if anything comes of all this. Perhaps volunteers in the area could help out with necessary preparation. I want to make sure this guy doesn't have to go out of his way to make this happen. Obviously, if he takes to the article, and works with me...then I'll be talking to the WATVA, the AATVA, the NOHVCC, etc. Any other suggestions for getting the initial ball rolling!?
    1999 Fourtrax 400EX

WWW.F19MOTORSPORTS.COM

Where is this located at??? I'm from Lake Geneva, in walworth county and I know I would ride there for sure!!!

Silver Lake, near Hwy 50
    1999 Fourtrax 400EX

WWW.F19MOTORSPORTS.COM