Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the best exhaust for a 300ex??

I'm running the FMF MegaMax & I like it, it has the discs in it too, but it's not real quiet. Not much else I can tell ya about it though never rode it w/o it so I don't know what the power difference is,.
    Back to the ol' Kodiak 4x4 but at least it's a quad!
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime!

I would go with a White Brothers E Series, they give great power and the sound sounds awesome and it isnt that loud and it is tunable, and a quiet core is optional
    2002 yellow 400ex, Red Powdercoated Frame and subframe, Elka Triple Rates w/ rezzies, Houser +2 arms, Lonestar Axle, Yoshimura Titanium Race system, Denton Stabilizer, K&N Power Kit, Outerwares, Barnett Springs, Sparks Timing Key, Aluminum Airbox, AC Propegs with Heelguards, WB bumper, DMP Graphics and seat, Renthal Bars, RaZr tires, Tinner's Scoops, Skat Trak Haulers on Douglas Rims, and the list goes on...

1987 Honda 265r
    Works with rezzies all around, Houser +2+1 a-arms, Laeger -1" swing arm, Champion Beadlocks with 18" turf tamers in rear, 19" grooved radials in front, Red Maier racecut plastic, rpm +4 axle, Black powdercoated and gusseted frame, cool head, Wiseco 265 piston, Hotrod crank, FMF "old style" fatty pipe w/ CT silencer, Keihin 36mm PWK, CR250 reed cage, AC bumper, DG grab bar, renthals, nerfs, and much more to come...

1987 Yamaha Warrior "The Beast"
    White Bros Pipe, Jetted, K&N, Wiseco, Maxxis, Nerfs, blah blah.....

1996 Honda 300ex...........SOLD

Pipes

I've got the Supertrapp IDS2 on mine and i like it very well.
    It's tunable also and look very clean.
    It'll smoke my buddy with the FMF everytime.
    Misses-2004-Kasea 170,Big gun,tamers.x-factor nerfs,v-pro bumper

Boys-TRX 90-WORKS/DOUGLAS/UNI/DG NERFS&BUMPER/FAST TREKKERS

Mine-300EX-PRM BUMPERS/AC NERFS/HMF/WHITE BROS/KENDA KLAWS
    Wiseco,Webcam,Sparks box,
    +2 chrome Burgards,Works,
    Lonestar +2+4.

hmf all the way. mot to expensive, awsome sound, not to loud, but not to quite. i can easily get the front end up in 2nd now, before i could not, i could probaly get the front end up in 3rd if i go back to stack gearing, and i got a white brothers header because the stock one sucks. here is a pic of it of the quad, i dont have a pic of it on the quad yet, but it looks like a shorty on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    brad
    2006 Suzuki King Quad 700Efi 4x4- warn winch, powermadd hand guards, suzuki shock covers, soon to come HMF pipe, and dobeck tfi controller

1997 trx 300ex
    tag x-5 quad bend, maier xc pro handguards, polished dg alloy series nerf bars, 14t front sprocket, polished armidillo out n'back rack, armidillo swingarm skidplate, polished wb e-series works header, red hmf slip-on pipe, K&N power up kit, red gas cap vent hose, prm summit bumper, prm a arm skids, maier kill tether, utah sport cycle engine skid, titax rear rotor, ceet contra seat cover kenda front max and dirt dogs, barnet kelvar clutch pack, burgard cycle axle carrier

White Brothers E-Series and header all the way, nice power gains and not that loud, you can also get the quiet-core insert for it too.
    ---------- Yellow 03' 400ex ----------

-Black Shockwears
    -WB R4 S bend Silencer
    - WB power filter

i like hmf. or whitebrothers
    foresale $2,000Current Ride: 2003 300ex AC Nerf bars , Shockwears, ITP Holeshots XC, K&N filter,jetted , Mod Air box

Pro Circuit:devil
    1987 Honda 250x-- few mods
    1998 Chevy Blazer 2door 4x4

Friends don't let Friends ride Yamahas!!!

sparks
    04 HRC450R For Sale $2995
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3361804#post3361804

id say LRD or WB all the way!!!!
    1986 250r: Currently Undergoing a full restoration from ground up. Will post updates.

Supertrapp

I have a Supertrapp IDS2 also, I have no problems with it.
    It added some good power. For the price ($240) through Rocky Mtn. I find it hard to beat. It comes complete as a whole system, headpipe through silencer.
    That way you get a complete exhaust and still have $$$ left over for other mods.... for me it was a no-brainer......

I honestly think whatever you choose over stock you will be happy with.... everything is so equal nowadays

more power is always better
    2002 400ex
    2001 E-ton Thunder 90
    2000 LT80 Quadsport

Past Machines:
    93 300ex
    86 Fourtrax 250R
    89 Blaster
    86 Quadsport
    85 LT185 Quadrunner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast