Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of the WB R-4?

What do you guys think of the WB R-4?

What do ya think about it?

I was thinkin about gettin it for the up coming 400.
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R
    Rossier Shortie, K&N Outerwears Prefilter, Airbox Lid Removed, DynoJet Stage 2 Jet Kit, ITP Holeshot MX Fronts, Razr's on HiPers, HiPer 8x8 for the rear, TAG T-2's, Renthal Grips, DG Propeg Nerfs, N-STYLE Backgrounds, Factory Effex Sticker Kit, Factory Effex Numbers #7, Burgard +1 Stem, Works Dual Rates in the Front, Works Quad Star in the rear, Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, AC Rear Number Plates, AC Front Bumper, Shockwears, Durablue +4 Axle

Thanks to NaWarhorse, Dennis Kirk for all their help with my parts!

"if you can read this, you're in second place.

I like it. I prefer the e-series though. That's just me. They are both good pipes and wake up the 400 pretty well.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

Save your money, buy HMF. The performance is every bit as good and is a fraction of the cost. Call Dusty at C&D.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Originally posted by Guy400
    Save your money, buy HMF. The performance is every bit as good and is a fraction of the cost.
    Which did you notice a bigger difference in, top end or bottom end?

And how much did you pay? Cause the R-4 is $262, or $505 for the system
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R
    Rossier Shortie, K&N Outerwears Prefilter, Airbox Lid Removed, DynoJet Stage 2 Jet Kit, ITP Holeshot MX Fronts, Razr's on HiPers, HiPer 8x8 for the rear, TAG T-2's, Renthal Grips, DG Propeg Nerfs, N-STYLE Backgrounds, Factory Effex Sticker Kit, Factory Effex Numbers #7, Burgard +1 Stem, Works Dual Rates in the Front, Works Quad Star in the rear, Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, AC Rear Number Plates, AC Front Bumper, Shockwears, Durablue +4 Axle

There's a HUGE difference in the low-mid power with the HMF. I can't say what I paid exactly for my pipe but call Dusty, you'll get the slip-on for cheaper than $262
    2013 KTM 300XC

If Dusty will give me the HMF for around 220-230, then I should have 260 left to spend..... so do you think I should just go with the system or save up from 260 to get a new pair or tires or shocks?
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R

From talking with HMF directly they stated that a full system will produce no significant power gains on an otherwise unmodded engine (i.e. just a filter). Now, if you're going with a bore kit, cams and higher compression than you'd want to look at a full system. But, if you're just looking to keep the engine stock internally, go with a slip-on only and buy yourself a set of Razr's
    2013 KTM 300XC

Originally posted by Guy400
    From talking with HMF directly they stated that a full system will produce no significant power gains on an otherwise unmodded engine (i.e. just a filter). Now, if you're going with a bore kit, cams and higher compression than you'd want to look at a full system. But, if you're just looking to keep the engine stock internally, go with a slip-on only and buy yourself a set of Razr's

That was my original plan... I was gonna get...

.R-4 or HMF slip on
    .K&N Filter w/outerwear, no air box lid

Just for the engine stuff.... and the rest was gonna be a pair of bars and tires.
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R

Yeah I would just go with a HMF slip-on. Only thing I would change though is getting a UNI filter instead of the K&N/Outerwears. I have a K&N and it is now up in the attic. I like the UNI much better and think Foam is better, period. Then just have it re-jetted and your on the way.
    If you get a brand new 400 you won't need new tires right away so I would look into Shocks or Steering Stabilizer. After those get your Tires and Handlebars...
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Originally posted by Dave400ex
    Yeah I would just go with a HMF slip-on. Only thing I would change though is getting a UNI filter instead of the K&N/Outerwears. I have a K&N and it is now up in the attic. I like the UNI much better and think Foam is better, period. Then just have it re-jetted and your on the way.
    If you get a brand new 400 you won't need new tires right away so I would look into Shocks or Steering Stabilizer. After those get your Tires and Handlebars...

I hear ya about the foam filters..... but ask anyone around here, all they run is K&N...

I dunno, nobody has said anything good/or bad about them from my friends around here, but now everyones sayin that go with the foam (UNI, WB Powerfilter).... I'l try the foam, cause its only $20, and if it dont work out too good with it, then Il switch to another type.

Thanks for the input.

And, are steering stabilizers REALLY WORTH IT??..... I dont know much about them, but is that all they do is stabalize your steering?
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast