Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 440ex...... Yeah baby!!!!!!!

440ex...... Yeah baby!!!!!!!

I just got my400 worked to a 440...... It is like a totally different bike now....... I was toastin raptors on the practice track in Englishtown NJ last week....... I saw 3 dudes break their collar bones off a huge tabletop...... The funny thing is that they were all guys ridin raptors...... Not that it is funny they got hurt but these guys buy these BIG BAD RAPTORS and think they can Fly like an EX....... Aint happenin!!!! I wish people would learn how to ride their quad before hitting big jumps and tight berms.....
    Red 400ex.... mods include 440bbk....... fmf megamaxII headpipe and silencer.... K&N power kit and air filter.... Shaved front racing plastics.... Shock covers.... Nerf bars....and full skids....
    New Ohlins shocks all the way around.... YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Yes i agree. People that ride over their heads really get on my nerves. I see that ALOT here.
    Clay Rhye #417
    Sponsored By: Taylors Tuning [(270)-797-2444]

86' 265R (Gone, but not forgotten)

My Photo Albums
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/crhye250r

and the ppl who dont try anything get on my nerves too.

Yeah, Jumping is definatley something you have to learn over time. You first gotta get comfertable with the quad on the ground, then hit the jumps. when I first started out I tried to hit jumps and stuff, and Im luckey that I didnt get hurt, cause I really sucked at jumping. :devil

yeah i know this guy rolled a double and stopped on top of the landing i lnaded right on his reaer fenders it sucked!

Does anybody know about how much horsepower will be added by boring out a 400 to a 440? Also, why do you need a sleeve if you are boring it out? Go 440!

a stock cylinder comes with a sleeve. It iswhat the piston moves inside of. The 440 is bigger than the sleeve in circumfrence so the sleeve has to be removed and the cylinder bored out. Then a new sleev has to be inserted.
    ~2001 Yellow 400ex, K&N filter with Pre-filter, POLISHED Supertrapp IDS2 silencer, 20" rear Holeshots tires, Braking brake pads, Black Shockers Shockcovers, Renthal 400ex bend bars w/ oury grips, Pro Design tether kill switch, JE 440 big bore 10.5-1 piston, Dyno Jet Stage 2 kit, Removed air box lid, Duncan Racing aluminum nerfs, AC Racing full chassis skid plate, Race cut plastic, AC Racing mudscreen bumper, and a 42 pilot jet and removed choke.
    *SOLD*

Did you notice a big difference in power when you bored it out to a 440? Was it well worth the money? What size of tires and sprockets do you recommend with a 440? Last question... should I go with Wiseco or Curtis Sparks? Thanks......

I noticed a huge difference...... Addin 40ccs to the engine woke it up big time.... I left all my sprockets stock...... Lowering the number of teeth on your sprocket increase torque not HP.......
    I am not sure how much HP I gained but it it is considerable...... Go with wiseco sparks..... Later......
    Red 400ex.... mods include 440bbk....... fmf megamaxII headpipe and silencer.... K&N power kit and air filter.... Shaved front racing plastics.... Shock covers.... Nerf bars....and full skids....
    New Ohlins shocks all the way around.... YEAH BABY!!!!!!

There is nothing really wrong with raptors .. only that most of the ppl who ride them are big headed.
    2007 can am outlander 800

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast