Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I ride

Why I ride

Lately I have been really down.This I girl I like ALOT likes my freind.My R is apart and it is going to be about 2500 to build the motor the way I want to.All my pay checks have been going straight to my parents to pay fro school tuiton and car insurance.I haven't rode for about a 3 weeks before tonight.

So I ask my dad if I can ride the 300ex and of course he says no.Then he thinks about it and says alright just check the woodstove.So I do and put the razr's on back and holeshots off my R on front.I had to go buy some gas and tighten the chain etc etc.

So I finnally take off and head straight for my favorite jump.It is a tandem dump truck load of sand that is dug out really steep on one side.And a clear landing area.So I go hit it and really fly.Man I am starting to feel better.I go into a big feild.Probably 8 acres wide by 15 acres long.It is a really BIG feild.So I pull it up on a wheelie and start bangin gears and get her in 5th and just keep riding.What a feeling man.I almost forgot what it felt like.I Jump the jump and ride wheelie's for about an hour.Then I go play around on a dam by a lake and some more sand piles I am making a berm in.

Needless to say I feeling so much better.I can't wait for tommorow so I can do it again!I love riding 4-wheelers.

86 trx250r
    97 300ex

glad to hear you can find some happines now!
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Why I ride :D

I rode up my driveway and back the other day..its about a 1/4 mile. I remembered why I am so happy when i get to climb aboard my quad. I shifted to 5th gear, pinned the throttle and the front tires came up about 6 inches until i hit the rev limiter...aww the good times! :square
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

I love getting up on a warm summer morning .. walking out to the garage filling up the tank and leaving not knowing where i'm gonna end up.
    2007 can am outlander 800

I love it.

I havent riden since June! I bent my axle and finally got it fixed yesterday. I love riding so much... I really really missed the feeling of grabin gears and feeling the tourqe!
    2001 300ex- WILL RACE FOR BEER

Talking I am with you man!!!!

I ride because it makes me feel alive and helped me to realize who I really am. It took me back to the great outdoors I grew up with that helped me survive growing up. I ride because I love the sensation of racing down trails at speeds that make me breathe a prayer of thanks that I survived another day's thrill. I love the thrill of jumping and floating suspended for those seconds when quad becomes plane I love the art in motion when carving between trees and conquering whoops (like I did last weekend down at Wamba Cycle trail near Charleston SC----over 100 miles of whoops in 2 days). I have met great people in this sport and experienced more thrills and adventure in a month of riding than I ever dreamed I would experience in a lifetime. I love trail riding with my friends but I will be lending a lot of my riding time to racing this year ahead!
    Last edited by angelon400ex; 01-06-2002 at 01:45 PM.
    Angelon400ex

SPONSORS
    MY HUSBAND
    Custom Covers
    FASST CO. FLEXX HANDLEBARS
    GT Thunder
    Maier Plastics
    Spider Grips

#546 GNCC and Mideast racer
    2005 400EX

I never ride alone- God pilots my quad!

http://photos.yahoo.com/atvingwoman

I love the felling that I'm on top of the world.

i love the feeling of flying down my favorite trail and punching the throttle and doing monster 4th gear power wheelies..nuthin beats that when theres no school and endless summer days when your not working to just ride........

I agree with you guys. Whenever I am down, I just hop on the 300 and go riding, its the cure for everything. You know except like the flu or something, then you get worse. lol. But just being out there riding its just so peaceful, its just hard to explain the calmness I get riding in the trails, jumping a couple of little hills. So I guess if there is one thing we all agree on its that we all love to ride.
    2001 Honda 300EX-mine
    14t front sprocket
    K&N Airfilter
    Baja Center Skid Plate-not being used
    DG Front Bumper
    20x11x9 Maxxis Razr's
    21x7x10 Razr's

2002 Honda 250EX-brothers
    DG Front Bumper

1992 Dodge Dakota-toy hauler
    30" Pro-Comps
    tool box