Thread: Degree key

Degree key

Any info on the curtis sparks degree key? how much does this gain in HP and where is the gain i.e. low mid, or top? Do I need to run race fuel to avoid knocking? any info would be a great help thanks!

it makes your throttle response dead on, more crisper sorta speak i am runnin pump gas with no knock i have the degree key and a H.C piston

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

where is the flywheel where you put this on sorry Im not mechanicly inclined, but I am new at all this. How axactly do u install this and how easy?
    yfz450 sparks exhaust, high comp piston, porting, big valves, cam mod and bored out carb and other goodies...

Originally posted by EXDUNER127
    where is the flywheel where you put this on sorry Im not mechanicly inclined, but I am new at all this. How axactly do u install this and how easy?

the flywheel is under the left hand side case it's a woodruff key and you install it my pulling the cover and then the flywheel it's cake for the mechanically inclined i had it done in about 15 mins

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

will this harm the engine in any way? I'm full stock exceppt for an R4 slip on... and the key. thanks.

Originally posted by fastrax
    will this harm the engine in any way? I'm full stock exceppt for an R4 slip on... and the key. thanks.

i wouldn't say it harms the motor it will cause it to run a little hotter i am running it with a high compression piston and my doesn't seem to run much hotter than stock

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

Anybody got pics. Want pics if any!
    yfz450 sparks exhaust, high comp piston, porting, big valves, cam mod and bored out carb and other goodies...

Is there any chance that the flywheel will slip back to stcok time on the shaft? i tightened it with an impact gun and it wont tighten any further, but i know the flywheel can move from 6 degrees to stock when it's not bolted down. thanks.

Hey fastrax

I'm stupid and non mechanical minded. I'm going to put mine in here in a little while. Do you drain the oil first? And is it tough to loosen the flywheel? I don't have an impact wrench here just hand tools.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

Naw, if you put the rear tire of the quad on a bucket or a step stool. about 1.5 to 2 feet in the air (same side up as flywheel), the oil won't even drip out. thats how i did it. you can hold the flywheel in the middle with a monkey wrench or a crescent wrence by the bolt on the two flat spots. impact helps out a lot but it can be done with a 1/2 inch ratchet.