Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Hood

Carbon Fiber Hood

Does anyone have a picture of a Red EX with a Carbon Fiber Hood on it? Also how do you remount the key switch and the other electrical things if you put a hood on? Please post all the pictures you have. Thanks
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Smile

I got the carbon fiber hood with scope in the front from quad tech ($165). I just took my key switch and zip tied it to the brake line that runs down. I just took the neutral light off. Its pretty easy to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Honda 450ER W/ White plastic- Houser Slicast Longtravel +2 A-arms, Axis Triple rate shocks w/ rezzy's, Houser +1 steering stem, Stremline steel braded brack lines front & rear, Nac's case saver, PEP steering dampner, Tag T2 chrome handlebars, Works connetion pro perch clutch lever, IMS/Roll powermadd handgaurds, Houser Graphics Kit, Houser #plate backgrounds, Douglas ultimate front w/ groved radials, Douglas ultimate beadlocks rear with Maxxis MX tires, Lonestar +2+2 Axle & anti fade lock nut, AC racing black line front bumber, AC racing black line nerfs w/ relocated pegs, AC racing rear grab bar powdercoated black, Pro design kill switch, Pro design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter & outerwears wrap, Honda CRF cam, Sparks full exhast, Quadtech hood scoop.

2007 Sponsors- Houser Racing, Nac's, K&K Racing, IMS-ROLL, Tag-Metals, Quadtech, Lonestar Racing, Outterwears.

I seen somthign in dirtwheels (a recent one, not sure what month) in the back where they have those new stuff or whatever. They had a handle bar clamp that fits your key, and i think it might have been a neutral switch but i can't remember real well. It was like $40 or $50 i think
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

I make parts

I can make you one for $20 bucks.

Redrider.......What will it look like.....you have apic?
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

well

have you seen the ones in the adds that they sell that have the spot for the key switch they look like those if you haven't seen
    them they are shaped like a dog bone with a place with a hole in them for the key switch to mount it replaces the stock handlebar clamps. and its made out of billet alumminum.

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    Tom Miller Motorsports makes the clamp.

They are called the Millenium handlebar clamp.

http://www.tmmatv.com/
    Retired --- For Now

Well what I did is since you cut the plastic off anyway I just took the plastic where the key and neutral light are and trimmed it off even and JB welded or epoxy to the carbon fiber hood and it fits perfectly and depending on your cuts it looks like it was made that way. I got the idea from the yellow 400EX that Dirt wheels tested awhile back. It was a 400 built by Quad Central 2.

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    I saw that quad, it was sweet. +3 a arms, powdercoated frame, 450motor. They had that hood custom made for them....looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

I think i'm gonna buy the clamp when i get my hood. Either that, or take one of those hole cutters for a drill. I hope ya know what i mean, but i'm gonna cut a hole in the lip of the hood, and put my key there! but i think the clamp would look a lot cleaner.
    Retired --- For Now

The lip is not big enough unless you plan drilling from the front and that would look ugly. If you look at that quad real good you can see how they and I did it. I think the pic where he is tilting sideways and they shot the pic from the top is the best one. The clamp idea crossed my mind but where does the N light go then. I really wanted it to look as stock as possible so I came up with what QC2 did. and it looks great, people look at it and dont even know that it didnt come like that. If I can find a good digital cam I will post a pic.

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast