Thread: Haven't logged on in years!!

Hybrid View

First time logging in here in years. Yeah, sadly 10-15 yrs ago this was a hopping place. Kind of wonder now why it's still here? :-P

dont let it leave that easily, i miss the good old days. heck i was in college when this place was hopping, that was 2007-2012. i used to be on here all day, stayed logged in while i did homework then when i needed a break from that, i would respond to new posts. we had a lot of great 400ex information and threads going. it is unfortunate that image shack took a dump and wanted everyone to start paying for accounts. i had all of my photos shared through there so i lost everything from back on those posts.

i havent rode my 400ex in a year. i actually drained all the gas out of it and ran it dry last fall and stood it up on end in my garage to take up less space. this fall i will probably have to get it back together again and take it on the trails for day to see how much i hurt afterward. LOL

my garage is quite full, i have a small 50cc chinese machine in there, my 400ex, my wifes rancher, 3 sleds, my xds turbo r, and a dog sleigh i built last fall to pull the dog behind the snowmobile. its only a 2 car door with another 3/4 stall for the door and work benches... so it is pretty full.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Yep, I miss the forum days, too. I come look around every so often, but today was the first I logged in since I don't know when. I learned a lot about 450R's on this site, I could always find the answer. It makes me a little sad seeing it the way it is.

All my PC backgrounds are still from the Wednesday Wallpapers!
    2009 Honda 450ER set up for XC

I still actually log on on a semi-regular basis, mostly looking up old information that I know I saw here. It's great that all that great, technical info is still here, still searchable. That's what I tried to get people to understand as everybody began migrating towards the facebook groups. Yeah, I know it's convenient there because everybody is on facebook all the time, but the HISTORY. That history is all lost, those great answers and great info, all gone as soon as it drops out of your news feed.

Can you imagine if Michelangelo had sculpted with ice instead of marble? If Shakepeare wrote with disappearing ink? If the Mona Lisa just "dropped out of your news feed". I'm exaggerating, of course, but that's how I feel about the Facebook groups. So much potential for great information, sculpted in ice, melting tomorrow, and lost forever...
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

definitely agree, while you can search on facebook, it is a pain because there is so much useless stuff. the information there is unreliable and often gets off topic faster than our old threads used to.

just checking in,
    steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Happy New Year to all the old timers. Miss this place and the days when riding my quads was what I lived for. I sold the 450, have the 400ex rebuilt with about 10 hours on it since it got built about 8 or 9 years ago, and the 250r is in pieces in the corner. All brand new parts but no time. Work and a toddler really kills the time.
    Victor
    2010 Ski-Doo MXZ-XRS 800R
    2006 MX TRX450R Nac's/PEP/Sparks/Houser
    2001 XC TRX416EX Nac's/PEP/Sparks/LSR
    1989 XC TRX250R Nac's/ PEP/LRD/Walsh
    "It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow then to spend tonight like there's no money"

When ever I do a 250r google search it always links to this site. So much info here
    250r laeger narrow frame, T pin front end, cr500 rear