Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haven't logged on in years!!

I still actually log on on a semi-regular basis, mostly looking up old information that I know I saw here. It's great that all that great, technical info is still here, still searchable. That's what I tried to get people to understand as everybody began migrating towards the facebook groups. Yeah, I know it's convenient there because everybody is on facebook all the time, but the HISTORY. That history is all lost, those great answers and great info, all gone as soon as it drops out of your news feed.

Can you imagine if Michelangelo had sculpted with ice instead of marble? If Shakepeare wrote with disappearing ink? If the Mona Lisa just "dropped out of your news feed". I'm exaggerating, of course, but that's how I feel about the Facebook groups. So much potential for great information, sculpted in ice, melting tomorrow, and lost forever...
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

definitely agree, while you can search on facebook, it is a pain because there is so much useless stuff. the information there is unreliable and often gets off topic faster than our old threads used to.

just checking in,
    steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Happy New Year to all the old timers. Miss this place and the days when riding my quads was what I lived for. I sold the 450, have the 400ex rebuilt with about 10 hours on it since it got built about 8 or 9 years ago, and the 250r is in pieces in the corner. All brand new parts but no time. Work and a toddler really kills the time.
    Victor
    2010 Ski-Doo MXZ-XRS 800R
    2006 MX TRX450R Nac's/PEP/Sparks/Houser
    2001 XC TRX416EX Nac's/PEP/Sparks/LSR
    1989 XC TRX250R Nac's/ PEP/LRD/Walsh
    "It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow then to spend tonight like there's no money"

When ever I do a 250r google search it always links to this site. So much info here
    250r laeger narrow frame, T pin front end, cr500 rear

definitely, it is too bad we lost some many of the good photos when image shack and photo bucket changed to paid subscriptions for images. all of our stuff got deleted.

steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

hmm decided to check in..looks like its pretty quiet these days.

shame..
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

definitely slow, still come on every couple months or so to see if there is anyone who needs help.

steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Quote Originally Posted by honda400ex2003 View Post
    definitely, it is too bad we lost some many of the good photos when image shack and photo bucket changed to paid subscriptions for images. all of our stuff got deleted.

steve
    That's why I always tried to convince people to load photos to our servers, rather than link them. I realize linking is easier, but there's also so much potential to be lost as websites change, accounts get deactivated, and links disappear. It was especially important to technical threads (I obviously don't care about jokes or memes).

One of the greatest threads I've ever seen on another site, a guy built a hummer in his garage. BUILT IT, like, from scratch. It was incredible, the pictures were amazing, the craftsmanship was fantastic. It was referenced in a bunch of other forums, literally thousands and thousands of views. If you search, you can still find a few of the pictures and history mirrored on some sites, but the full thread and pictures has since disappeared because the images were linked, rather than saved to the forum servers themselves.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

What ever happened to pappy
    goleta locals

Quote Originally Posted by redrocker View Post
    What ever happened to pappy
    ken is still around, mainly on facebook these days though. he hasnt logged on here on years. he still covers the races and takes photos, has a couple grand kids and stuff now even.

steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast