Thread: This is a sad ghost town!

This is a sad ghost town!

I remember being on here 10 years ago and this place was busier than New York City, now look at it, completely deserted. I guess that's what happens though when we're all young, free, and without a care in the world, except goofing around and riding with our buddies. I guess this place has turned into a visual representation of when you turn the chapter into adulthood and get overrun with work, responsibilities, and life in general. So many good memories of hanging out on these forums, bs'ing with the old members, and learning new things about my EX. I'm sad that the next generation doesnt get to enjoy it the way we all used to.

Jimmy

I think it's unfortunate that the younger generations are all so used to being force-fed instant answers that if it isn't in their news feed, they don't give a s**t. The internet is such an amazing place and a wealth of knowledge, here at our fingertips is (was) a community of helpful members with an incredible amount of expertise that we were able to come together and share that knowledge and experience with others members looking for answers, and those members then grew up to become knowledge contributors themselves.

Now, all that seems to be disappearing in a Facebook society. I don't think it's a true cause-and-effect, but it's funny to see the rise of the facebook groups and fall of the forums, and also see the decline of the sport quad industry at the same time.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Very valid point on everything you said, and it does seem like a few of the forums I was part of died off once social media took over.