Thread: Blowing my rad out

Blowing my rad out

Changing out my coolant from an eth glycol, to Engine Ice a prop glycol and need to flush my system out fully before putting Ice in. Only problem is the ole '11 Grizz 700's radiator has a top tube and a 'mid-ways' tube, which isn't conductive to draining at all. Best I can figure because the lowest tube is only in the middle, at best I'm only able to get half the radiator to drain. So instead of multiple fills and flushes what's the best way to get my coolant system completely emptied of the old coolant?

Best guess right now would be to drain the whole system, disconnect both rad tubes at the rad, stick a compressed air nozzle down the top fill hole with a rag around it and blow it out.

Any better ideas?

well i just responded to the other one... man you should just start a single thread for this stuff, it would be way way easier.

anyway... engine ice is good stuff.

i would bet there is a drain on the bottom of it too. i would never blow it with air, but i would bet you probably did it already. water would be the only way to go in my book.

you could run water through the top and just keep the "middle" open and let it flush through unlike the other thread to let it fill. it would already be filled up a little as it flushes.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

was this successful??

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER