Thread: 05 450r/ Crf Head

05 450r/ Crf Head

I havent been on here in a long time. And I know I should probably put this in the hybrid section but i thought i might get a better and faster response on here...I raced karts for years before I raced Mx and TT. A couple years ago when i parted out my race bike i kept the motor and put it on a kart. I have a 08, And i know what all will interchange on them between the crf and all that but now i have a 05 in a box (gagillion pieces). I love the power of the crf head and cam. (Really good power on a budget). Here i am again doing the karting again, trying to take a run at the UAS (unlimited all stars). I need to know what year crf cam i can get or if i can put a crf head on the 05 like i did my 08. I thought i read somewhere that someone has done it with some modifications to the head. I am also cutting the transmission and everything out of it and doing a jack shaft, so if by chance any of you guys have done that before i would appreciate all the input.
    2008 450ER..full rossier..hermann racing a-arms/motowoz..GTT rear link with stock..houser stem

CRF head will NOT fit the 04-05 engine. Can use cam however.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!