Thread: KFX 80 issues

KFX 80 issues

Jack, I know you're out there! Lol

I have a stock machine, that I switched to a 14/26 gear, with a 40# chain from TCS. That worked wonders for the top speed, got it to 26 mph (100 lb rider)

The bottom end was sad though, so I then decided to pull two rollers out of the front clutch, and man, that thing had never been serviced. Geez. There was grease in there, hard as a rock! One roller was stuck to the high side. Long story short, I cleaned the clutch, put only 4 rollers back in but now my top speed is only 22 mph with a 100 lb rider. I didn't take the rear clutch apart and lighten the shoes, because I was a bit indimidated. My question is, what should I do now? Should I try to shave weight off the rear shoes, or put back in the 2 rollers and run them in a clean clutch? I want to retain some of this bottom end, but I want that top speed back a bit.

He's only gonna be on this thing for another year, so I hate to spend too much on it. :/

Oh, and the 2 rollers that I left out, were the two that had stuck and flat spotted.

Well, just finished up getting it all back together, put the 2 rollers back in, ran it down the road and got to 28.1 mph with my 230 lb butt, so I guess I'm good for now. Lol. One of these days, I may get brave enough to try to lighten the shoes again.

The tracts where the rollers go wasn't gouged?
    Ya, you need to lighten the rear shoes to 180g. If you're in doubt, send them to me.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05