Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happen to atv riders

What happen to atv riders

Looking to buy KTM, outlaw, modded 400ex, hybrid, race ready quad, Roller ASAP wisconsin brokenmario123@gmail.com

LTR 1000 v twin Aprilia hybrid p. SOLD
    400ex yz hybrid SOLD

ATV's arent that big a thing it seems anymore, no new models and stuff. Seems most want a side by side?
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Quote Originally Posted by SpasticR450 View Post
    The whole sport is dead, never to return. And facebook groups absolutely destroyed forums.
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

I miss hanging out here....every single day I was on here many moons ago
    -Paul

2001 416 EX that i used to have until some baseterds stole it from me!!!

Special Thanks To:
    My Beautiful Wife and Son, C&D Racing, BK Performance Coatings
    Please remember to make a donation to ATVRiders.com for the great site they have put together for us to enjoy.
    http://www.atvriders.com/donations/index.html

I wouldn't say "the sport is dead". It's slow, yes, but not dead. The 250r facebook page is very active, and the 250r-specific forums are mildly active.

And you can hardly blame manufacturers for not introducing new models. The sales simply aren't there. I know first-year 250r was like 20,000, and I think the first year YFZ450 was pretty close to the same. I imagine today, that number would be more like 6000. That doesn't even cover the R&D costs...
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

I'm still around and still rocking the EX as well. But I think CJM brings up a good point, at least where I am from, seems like everyone is getting side by sides.
    2001 Honda 426EX

Facebook also sorta destroyed the forum. Truthfully I find it stupid, bunch of kids spouting off which pipe is better and wheel spacers all over again.

The atv sport has slowed down drastically, no new models and like I said many want a side by side.
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP

i agree, it is slow. things change, life changes, activities change. if the site was busier id be on here more often, but i tend to forget while im on here. i transitioned to snowmobiling more than atvs, when i bought my new one. i tend to go on the dootalk forums instead of here now.

facebook certainly took a lot of "business" from the forums. the 250r page is always busy, i dont really belong to any 400ex groups, as it seems there are always plenty of 13-15 year olds on there that think they have a clue.

the problem i find with facebook, you get so many crappy posts that it gets irritating.

we are picking up the gfs new rancher tomorrow, that should be a sweet machine. it is a trx 6 which is the top of the line rancher with power steering and IRS on it so she should really like it.

i may end up getting something next year, the 400 beats me to death now a days, it seems. even with the elkas on it, the straight axle really beats me up on rocks and stuff. im not in the shape i used to be...

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

sometimes i do miss this forum though, i wish it was more active so i could partake in it.

my fear is that we will lose the site as less and less people venture here. hopefully that wont happen as theres tons of good info here... id hate to lose it all.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Quote Originally Posted by honda400ex2003 View Post
    sometimes i do miss this forum though, i wish it was more active so i could partake in it.

my fear is that we will lose the site as less and less people venture here. hopefully that wont happen as theres tons of good info here... id hate to lose it all.

steve
    I think its going to happen eventually, the site just lacks total traffic it seems. Remember the days every forum would have around 5-10 new posts a day? Now they are lucky for maybe 2-3 forums to have 1 post every week.
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast