Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happen to atv riders

im sure pappy (ken) does some of the write up stuff for the races, he mainly does the photos though.

i know even honda#4 (dallas) is busy now with a family. he has a couple kiddos that are getting pretty big, bought a house a couple years back and works a bunch. i dont even talk to him as much as i used to when we were on here a lot and IM'ing back in the day.

oh how times change...
    steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

I just happened to randomly check in today lol.... Wow. Two threads in the Open forum, one started a month ago and has 0 replies. The grass hasn't been mowed in over a year in some of the sections. I stopped riding years ago and have no desire to get back into it. I do miss the community, though. No place to ride and I rarely even see a bike or quad in the back of a truck anymore. In fact, I ventured out on my mountain bike to my main riding spot back in the day and it was totally overgrown. Looks like there may have been a rogue quad or two but that's it. Is Pappy still active? His last post shows some time in 2013. I do see some action around here when I start looking, which is nice. I could go on and on reminiscing about the old days both on the site and in the trails, but that'd be too emotional lol. I'll have to check in again and see if anybody else chimes in. Catch you guys next year

Quote Originally Posted by yellowzo3 View Post
    I just happened to randomly check in today lol.... Wow. Two threads in the Open forum, one started a month ago and has 0 replies. The grass hasn't been mowed in over a year in some of the sections. I stopped riding years ago and have no desire to get back into it. I do miss the community, though. No place to ride and I rarely even see a bike or quad in the back of a truck anymore. In fact, I ventured out on my mountain bike to my main riding spot back in the day and it was totally overgrown. Looks like there may have been a rogue quad or two but that's it. Is Pappy still active? His last post shows some time in 2013. I do see some action around here when I start looking, which is nice. I could go on and on reminiscing about the old days both on the site and in the trails, but that'd be too emotional lol. I'll have to check in again and see if anybody else chimes in. Catch you guys next year
    this is getting depressing. I remember when i was new here and it was banging. a reply to a thread happened in minutes.

john
    If you can't modify it why have it???

I check in occasionally but its rare. I remember around 2002-05ish there were times at night you couldnt reply to a thread with two or three posted being added while you typed. Im suprised and pleased that i still remember a few of you guys posting in this thread. Maybe one day i'll ride again
    Planning a comeback...

if you want to bad enough, you will ride again!

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

I try and check for updated posts every week. There just isn't much. Always enjoyed the reviews on the main site too, but those haven't been updated in awhile either. Certainly no lack for press releases on the main page. I do check them out often. That is where most of the traffic is at on the site.

As has been mentioned, the glorious Facebook has taken over the social thing. Not a fan, it's too difficult to search stuff on there, and as mentioned, all the young rascals that know so much.

As for the sport itself. I switched to SxS for awhile, and am now back owning an ATV again, albeit a big 4x4. Can't afford both options. SXS's are fun, but i get annoyed that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has one. People that would never have been "riders" before, and they use them mostly for booze cruising and trespassing, thus ruining it for the rest of us.

Would love to see the sport quad market pick back up. But seems the manufacturers would rather sell 100 machines at $15,000+ than 30 machines at $7,000. Can't say that i blame them. I'm sure if a new TRX450 were to hit the market, there would be alot of used ones for sale.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many.

wow, i don't think i've been on here for like 5 years. went for the first serious ride in about 4 years last weekend at the badlands in Indiana. good to see some familiar names. hope all is well with everybody.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

Just checking in.. and i agree face book has ruined forums. ... I miss the good ol' days on this site, learned so much being on here.
    -2011 CRF450R
    -2003 Cannondale Moto
    -1996 GSXR 1100
    -1987 TRX350 foreman :-)
    -1985 TRX250 fourtrax
    www.bvcracing.com

Just checking in after 5 or 6 months. First post in over a year. Got into cycling, and never looked back.

Facebook

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast