Thread: What size rim to run?

What size rim to run?

When I got into mx I went cheap and ran an 18" RAZR mx on the stock 9" rims. Needless to say I flattened a few rims within a couple years with the lower profile of rubber protecting the rim vs running an 8".

My question is that I'm possibly running a few rounds of worcs races this next season and I'll be running a 20" original RAZR rear. I noticed you can get them in a 8" or 9" rim setup. I don't mind buying other rims now if I need to, I'm just not wanting to risk running too big of a rim again if the 20" still isn't enough rubber to cushion big hits on the 9" rim.
    Brandon
    Quad X series

2005 Trx450r - CP 12:1, Thunder Alley Custom Exhaust (built by Bob Murray), uni, Fireball Lt Arms, LT Axis fronts, Axis rear, GT Thunder link, Burgard Stabilizer, Renthal, G-Force, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Maier Hood, Amsoil 10w40

Brandon we race worcs. I run 20-11-9's other guys prefer 22's. Worcs is a great group of friends. If you need anything let me know. Also www.rectires.com gives discounts to worcs racers. enter "WORCS" as the coupon code.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com