Thread: Calling all like-minded torque spec nerds...

Calling all like-minded torque spec nerds...

Man I clicked through all 500+ pages of this digital service manual I have for my '11 Grizz 700 and nowhere is this torque spec. So frustrated. Here's the bolt...

lower caliper nut.jpg

It's what I'm calling the 'lower brake pad bolt' on the front wheel of the bike. Here's the schematic...it's #15 bottom center...

front brake schematic.gif

Not a huge deal but if you happen to know where to find this spec without too much trouble I'd appreciate a hand with this one. A link to the graphic or info would be nice too.

if you know the thread specs you can look up a national standard for the torque spec. I do this on drain bolts cause ive found the manual specs to be more than the national standard. Which I believe is part of the reason for all these stripped drain plugs
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Quote Originally Posted by toonces View Post
    Man I clicked through all 500+ pages of this digital service manual I have for my '11 Grizz 700 and nowhere is this torque spec. So frustrated. Here's the bolt...

lower caliper nut.jpg

It's what I'm calling the 'lower brake pad bolt' on the front wheel of the bike. Here's the schematic...it's #15 bottom center...

front brake schematic.gif

Not a huge deal but if you happen to know where to find this spec without too much trouble I'd appreciate a hand with this one. A link to the graphic or info would be nice too.

torque specs are almost "ALMOST" irrelevant, for a brand new bolt on a brand new motor yes torque specs matter. But once the "new" bolt is tightend to spec on a "new" motor or part then heated up multiple times the bolt and hole are slightly stretched and not 100% the same. If youve ever tried to tighten a bolt to spec and snapped it or bent it, its because the torque value of said bolt is compromised by heat and tension.

I dont use a torque wrench anymore, never had a issue.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ